Site 38 info for MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Site 38 was again heard on the air in the greater Bozeman area. I thought I had some of the stuff figured out, but my logs seems to be incomplete. As the control channel is part of the marine blanket license, there is no true license in the FCC database to look up at this time. I had the TX freq for the control channel as 157.x or 159.x, but again, the logs apparently didn't save properly.

I am almost sure its a low level site in Bozeman, and was heard on the top of Bozeman Pass.

If anyone in the Gallatin County area feels like taking a ride around...

As such, its added to the DB as "Site 38" and given a default county range for those using location based scanning equipment.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did you happen to get any neighbor site info from Unitrunker / DSD

There is an FCC document that references 161.9875 in use for a new St Mary's site in Glacier County, just outside of the park, that is going in. That's quite a haul though from the Bozeman area.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Have a relative in Bozeman who i sent a BCD396XT a while back. So far he is getting into it.
Unfortunately he isnt able to use or set up Unitrunker. But im working on getting him more proficient with his scanner to add one more user to the area who likes to scan.

Oreamnos

I think site 38 is the Bozeman Emergency Operations Center.
This is based on a document from the web from about five years ago that is lost and forgotten.
I have the control channel as 161.9875

BC_Scan

Am doing some research on my British Columbia local repeaters with a detailed map book and have discovered two repeater sites high up right on the edge of BC/Montana border NW corner of state , one Nth of Kootenai National Forest and one Nth of Flathead National Forest, they dont appear to serve anything in BC per my extensive research but maybe support operation of your states MPSCS, if this is allready known regret re-hashing, if not I am happy to share the info from google earth map.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Site, NAC, freqs etc would be most helpful to help track it down - as well as any talkgroup information that is being heard from these site(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.