Site ID, Unitrunker vs Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I get similar but different Site IDs with UniTrunker vs Uniden 996XT and am trying to figure out which is correct.
Uniden: (Sys ID)-125
Unitrunker: 001-025

chris

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It depends what kind of system you're monitoring. Can you point us to the actual system in the RRDB? I can explain the answer a little better once this info is provided.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It is not yet in the database, P25 portion of the system is not in full service. I am trying to get the info correct prior to publication.
Motorola P25 system, simulcast over many sites using several site IDs. I ran Unitrunker on it using the data output on a 996XT. The display on the 996XT showed D14-125 while Unitrunker also shows System ID D14, it reports 001-025 as the Site ID.

chris

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Ah yes, this is a quirk with scanners and how they display site info (primarily P25 if I recall correctly).

There's a wiki article that explains the differences between each scanner's display - Project 25 Data Representation - The RadioReference Wiki - based on a message post by Lindsay Blanton - http://forums.radioreference.com/pr...site-id-representation-scanners-decoders.html

As you can see it's all a matter of displaying the same data in different ways, but strictly speaking, Unitrunker is the "most" correct (for purposes of identifying each component in the system). The 996XT is trying to show you all the info in a limited display. There are four parts to the identification - the WACN (a five-digit hex ID, often BEE00 as a default), the system ID (a three-digit hex value, in your case D14), the RFSS (RF Subsystem - fancy name for 'zone' in a multi-site system, more or less) number (2-digit decimal, in your case, 01), and the site number (2-digit decimal, in your case, 25).

There's actually a few systems in the RRDB that have incorrect data due to these differences in how the scanner displays the info. I don't know the exact specs of the P25 standard, but my understanding is that RFSSs and sites should only be two digits long (i.e. 01-99). So any system you see in the RRDB where the site is listed as "125" etc., is wrong - and most likely site 25 in RFSS 01.

Hope this helps....

ecps92

Brand new [3-4 days old] P25 and info being developed as we monitor it.

It depends what kind of system you're monitoring. Can you point us to the actual system in the RRDB? I can explain the answer a little better once this info is provided.

cg

Premium Subscriber
My earlier reply did not show, but that was exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.