WS1040: Site Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Looking at the MARRS system, I would try it with just the Kansas City site (you need only the red control channel and blue alternate frequencies) and set Multi-Site to Off. If you want to try additional sites, you need to add just the red control channel and blue alternate frequencies of the other sites and set Multi-Site to Stationary. Stationary will scan all sites within range. If you want to scan only the site with the best signal while you travel, set Multi-Site to Roam.

wes53

Thank you Should I do that for all my scan lists in other words should I just use the Kansas city site for everything? I have Johnson county on one list Cass county on another and one other with Ambulance to Hosp

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can setup a separate system for each county and put each on a separate scan list. Setup the Jackson Co sites in one system, Johnson Co sites in a second system, and Cass Co sites in a third system. Assign the Jackson Co talkgroups to the Jackson Co system, the Johnson Co talkgroups to the Johnson Co system, and the Cass Co talkgroups to the Cass Co system. What programming software are you using?

wes53

I did set up a separate system like you were saying using the transmitter site for each separate county. Wondering if I should experiment a little with the transmitter sites and see works best. If you should happen to get the PSREdit500 software let know and I'll send you the files thanks for all the help

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is nothing wrong with experimenting. If you have any problems with garbled audio, you can try turning SuperTrack on and off in the systems to see which decoding algorithm works best. Turning off digital AGC can also help. You can also put Fire, Law Enforcement, and Public Works talkgroups for each county system in separate scan lists to give you better control of what you monitor. There is no right or wrong way to do it. You set it up the way it works best for you. If you have any other questions about programming, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.