Site & TalkGroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighttripper

I am trying to listen in on the Illinois State Police. Using ARC300 with a RS Pro-163 I want the Talkgroups for District 14. But the software askes me to select a site. What site. District 14 is HQ in Macomb. Is this the site I want?

Night

SCPD

QRT
Im not from your area but i look at the database and it looks like its all digital and the radio you have is none digital.

Is this the area your are trying to listen to?

ISP District 14 - Macomb Talkgroup

Nighttripper

Yes that is the ones I want to listen to. So I need a digital scanner? How can I tell what ones are digital?

Night

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes that is the ones I want to listen to. So I need a digital scanner? How can I tell what ones are digital?

Night
Night,
Here's a chart from the Wiki showing current model digital scanners. Not on this chart, but also digital scanners, are the Uniden BCD396T & BCD996T. These were replaced by the 396XT & 996XT respectively, which are on the chart.

I see that site 2-020, Farmington in Fulton County in that district (14) uses some 700mhz frequencies. That rules out a Pro-96 or Pro-2096. They won't trunk track in that frequency range.

The site, or sites, that you want to select, are the ones closest to you, that you'd be most likely to receive, from where you live, work, or the area you travel in most often.

SCPD

QRT
In the database it is listed under Mode
D=digital A=analog
Your scanner will pick up anything analog as long as your in range of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.