Site Update Notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFD4305

Could an Admin or Moderator tell me how to understand the "site update" notes in the database? I think I'd find them useful when looking for what's changed at sites I check regularly for new/current information. However, when I look at the Illinois StarCom-21 site (for example) I see:

Changed Site # 120 (D02 McHenry (County Simulcast)*) to 120 (D02 McHenry (County Simulcast)*)

I'm probably missing the obvious, but what has changed? After several close readings, the "before" and "after" seem indentical; what am I mssing?

Thanks!

cubn

Database Admin
I had made that update that you are referring and I had removed a frequency that was in the database as being used by Starcom but listeners noted that the frequency actually belonged to another TRS so I removed the freq. You’ll also see that the McLean County site was updated yesterday and it shows a similar description of the change. In that case I made two changes to the site: removed a frequency that’s no longer used and updated the control/alternate channel indicator based on Pro96com.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Also, in general, that type of history entry would show up if a DB Admin changed something else on the site, like the license, modulation, location, etc. Those are not obvious changes and are easily missed.

MFD4305

Thanks, guys. I appreciate a response from two members of management!
I guess there's no easy way to know that "866.5875 has been removed as a control channel" (for instance) just by looking at the update line. Ah, well.
Which is NOT complaining, of course; RR is still the best source I've found in over 30 years of monitoring!

MFD4305

Now you're challenging my computer skills as well as my proof-reading skills <grin>.
Thanks again for the follow-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.