Site updates from Friday and SKIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Good day, everyone!

Per my trip to Kearney on Friday, I was able to gather information on the Franklin and Nuckolls county sites and updated information on Beatrice.

I will post the results of my trip later today - stay tuned!!

And, have any of you noticed that VHF's ROARING in from the southerly direction tonight? I would guess that it has at least some connection with the fast-moving, strong cold front that's sweeping across the state tonight.

73!

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, everyone!

On my trip to Central Nebraska on Friday, I have confirmed the Primary and Alternate CC frequencies for Franklin Co. (171) and Nuckolls Co. (172), as follows:

171: P=154.9800 C=154.7100
172: P=154.8750 C=154.6650

It was interesting to see that Pro96Com was reporting 172's Capabilities as being "Not Advertised" but the State was Connected. I wonder if that one is "administratively down" for configuration work.

Also, Beatrice (168) has switched to having a Primary of 155.1900, according to neighbor announcements from both Lincoln and Milford. I have to go to Lincoln one evening this week, so will dial-up Beatrice and get the Alternate info!

I have submitted this info to Joe for addition to the DB!

Have a GREAT evening!

73's

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Howdy, everyone!

Also, Beatrice (168) has switched to having a Primary of 155.1900, according to neighbor announcements from both Lincoln and Milford.

Beatrice (0168) is now running a Primary CC of 155.1900 and the alternate of 155.6550.

The switch is most likely due to the obvious potential interference with the ISP's main statewide dispatch channel of the same frequency.

However, Shenandoah, IA's PD uses 155.1900 as their dispatch channel, but the fact that Shenandoah sits on low ground, with ample geographical "shielding" to the west, should allow a minimum of interference between the two users of 155.1900!

Rich - anything new up North?

Nothing new here, George. Seems new activity has suddenly stopped. I did get word Elgin will be turned up when the antennas come in. Norfolk tower is busy with affiliations, but it seems the voice activity has slowed down also.

Currently showing 17 affiliations, garden variety of users, NPPD, NSP-HQ/B and D, hearing traffic from the North Platte and Lincoln areas, Fire Marshall and a couple of unknowns.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Howdy, everyone!

Beatrice (0168) is now running a Primary CC of 155.1900 and the alternate of 155.6550.

The switch is most likely due to the obvious potential interference with the ISP's main statewide dispatch channel of the same frequency.

However, Shenandoah, IA's PD uses 155.1900 as their dispatch channel, but the fact that Shenandoah sits on low ground, with ample geographical "shielding" to the west, should allow a minimum of interference between the two users of 155.1900!

Rich - anything new up North?

Page county just re-banded and it appears they are finally using PL. Maybe they were before???

I had heard at one time the ISP using CSQ mode on receive. That would get annoying real quick listening to CC data!

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.