Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfleser

Premium Subscriber
I just got my scanner and got it programmed using the freescan software and my RR premium membership, but when I was initially setting things up it required me to set up a site, only one of the cities in my county were listed. I'm assuming the sites refer to the physical tower sites in the area. I'm trying to scan Barry county, MI and the two closest sites were Plainwell and Nashville. The only groups I have selected are the ones that I want to scan. For some reason I'm getting law enforcement and ambulance traffic from outside of the county. Is there a setting I'm missing? I don't seem to be able to figure out why it's picking up those frequencies. All it says when it picks up the other traffic is the site (either Plainwell or Nashville) and an ID: 3XXX for example.

I'm new to this so any help will be appreciated.

teufler

Freescan File Barry Cty

This is a Freescan file for Barry Cty ONLY. I suspect you arfe in id search mode rather than id scan mode. When you created the system, about the middle of you screen, ID MODE. If its in search molde, its doing what its asks to do, it will pick up any groups that can be picked up on the two Barry Cty towers. In ID SCAN MODE, you will only hear ids that you have created a group for. You have id turned out, so you get the group and the unit id being transmitted. You can turn id off, Its in scanner setup, in the Freescan software. This file has id turned on.

Attachments

• Barry Cty Mi.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 52

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if the scanner is on ID Search or ID Scan. With ID Search, the scanner will stop on all Talkgroups except those you lock-out. With ID Scan, the scanner stops only on those talkgroups you have programmed and are not locked out.

It sounds like ID Search is on.

If you go to the site below and look at the Michigan system, you'll see a column "DEC" which relates to the Talkgroup ID number. For example, 3190 is the Hastings Fire Fireground talkgroup.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=100

markfleser

Premium Subscriber
Yup, that was the problem, I switched it to the ID Scan mode and that fixed it. Thanks!

wtp

id scan vs id search

id scan will only let you hear the groups that you selected
id search will let you hear everybody.
set the system for id scan and you should be good
it is done be going to the system and changing it
program system...go to the system...(you might have to go to the site setting)...id scan/search

Status
Not open for further replies.