• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Sitting On It For Two Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
WICHITA, Kan. - Deputies say a woman in western Kansas became stuck on her boyfriend's toilet after sitting on it for two years.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,"' Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

Firetxmi

Poor lady. Sounds like she has some serious mental disabilities that need to be looked after.

N

nec208

She must have problems ,no one would be in the bathroom that long.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."
Well because she had problems.

Austin4Wyo

45SigSauer said:
I love the Sheriffs name, fits the story well: Whipple
Mr. Whipple says: Please don't squeeze the Charmin!
It's effin' priceless, man. I couldn't stop laughing earlier when I was first posting about Mr. Whipple being the Sheriff.

KC1UA

Scan New England Guru
Database Admin
I don't usually post in this forum, but if this is a true event, the "boyfriend" should be strung up. Apparently it didn't dawn on him that this behavior was a tad unusual?

Maybe it's just me...

elk2370bruce

I'd love to see how Blue Cross codes this one in their database. What's the treatment authorization number set for removing a toilet seat from a sore, fat behind? Would this be considered as a chronic complaint?

bpckty1

So far, from the tv reports I've seen, either the reporters are clueless, or have chosen to, or been told to, ignore the obvious name connections.

Thayne

Premium Subscriber
The boyfriend must be getting something out of (or into) the deal :eek:

car2back

scancapecod said:
I don't usually post in this forum, but if this is a true event, the "boyfriend" should be strung up. Apparently it didn't dawn on him that this behavior was a tad unusual?
Thayne said:
The boyfriend must be getting something out of (or into) the deal :eek:
I'm willing to bet he's just as kooky as she is.... birds of a feather you know. ;) If not, I don't know what he could be charged with if she chose to stay on the crapper of her own free will? I mean he did bring her food and water...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.