SJC F/R using zulu, foxtrot etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The past 2 weeks I'm hearing Zulu, Foxtrot I am not sure what that means. I am not sure if anyone listens to them see if I'm not hearing things.

tawest11

I believe they're using the international phonetic alphabet. Foxtrot=F, Zulu=Z

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that has been driving me crazy. I've only been able to find out a couple that I THINK are right...F=food, G=Gas/fuel...i've heard many others like A, O, S, Z.

tawest11

Here's the full list I have. Glad I could help.

A-Alfa
B-Bravo
C-Charlie
D-Delta
E-Echo
F-Foxtrot
G-Golf
H-Hotel
I-India
J-Juliett
K-Kilo
L-Lima
M-Mike
N-November
O-Oscar
P-Papa
Q-Quebec
R-Romeo
S-Sierra
T-Tango
U-Uniform
V-Victor
W-Whiskey
X-Xray
Y-Yankee
Z-Zulu

Last edited:

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Thanks tawest, but, SJCFR uses these as codes. For example, Foxtrot(F) means food, Golf(G) means Gas. Also, I have put the ones I know in the SJC wiki (SJCFR codes Section), so if anyone else figures more out, they could go there.

smokchsr

I can get the list I've just been too lazy to do it. They only use a few letters, so it's not like they are going to show up with a bunch of new letters if something major happens. I grumbled about it when they first started using it since we are on "Open dispatch" with is supposed to be 100% open with no coding to facilitate ease of communications with mutual aid units. The reason they did it was to "cut down" on some of the routine traffic. It sounds like they are using more air time to cut down to me.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I can get the list I've just been too lazy to do it. They only use a few letters, so it's not like they are going to show up with a bunch of new letters if something major happens. I grumbled about it when they first started using it since we are on "Open dispatch" with is supposed to be 100% open with no coding to facilitate ease of communications with mutual aid units. The reason they did it was to "cut down" on some of the routine traffic. It sounds like they are using more air time to cut down to me.

I agree! I heard that from some people I know. I don't think it cuts air time down sounds the same.

I'm thinking Oscar is Out of Zone/Out of Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.