SJFD Robo Dispatcher

mlangeveld

I noticed today that San Jose Fire has a robo dispatcher...is that new? I know Santa Clara County Fire has had a robo dispatcher for a while, but I don't recall San Jose having one. I know Sacramento recently switched to robo dispatching as well.

thebassman3939

Premium Subscriber
I noticed today that San Jose Fire has a robo dispatcher...is that new? I know Santa Clara County Fire has had a robo dispatcher for a while, but I don't recall San Jose having one. I know Sacramento recently switched to robo dispatching as well.
Yes it’s new within the last month. Seems like it cuts back in dispatch jobs as each command channel had a dispatcher separate from the main dispatch, where as now it almost seemed like the same dispatcher was working 2 commands during a busy weekend in the beginning of September. Could have been a one weekend thing but it sucks to see jobs lost to technology. Definitely easier to listen to the person dispatcher than the robot. The end of an era it seems :/

E5911

Premium Subscriber
The object is two-fold: allow the CAD to dispatch multiple calls at the same time and regulate the vocal style such that is consistent day to day shift to shift . In many places the dispatcher remains as a back up.
As more dept attempt to meet acceidation and NFPA guidelines, you will see lees and less over the air because the network is faster to alert the stations. The bigger goal is reduce TOTAL RESPONSE TIME with station alerting a one part.