SKiatook PD repeater!

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

I just heard that Skiatook Police will be getting a repeater setup soon for the mobile units...

right now both the FD and PD are transmitted from /\/\ MTR-2000s; Total Radio is supposed to be coming out soon and getting the PD reapeater setup.

peterjmag

That's great! I'm glad they are stepping up to the plate and I'm sure you had alot to do with it ehh Phil? I'll look forward to it...

P.J. Maguire

mam1081

Feed Provider
Y'all going P25 compatible? Get a Quantar or better yet, a Quantro!!!

Get those, then it's only the mobiles/HTs you have to upgrade to P25.

car2back

I have been told now there has been some issues come up with Muskogee Co not wanting another repeater on 155.250

KOK5CY

I thought digicom out of bartlesville did FD & PD radio's for skiatook . I know they do OCSO and WCSO but Some times they do but there is another small dealer up in bartlesville that does WCSO . I wouldn't put it past the city to switch to 800 trunked since that town is growing so fast . I thought the state set aside 155.250 for the game dept

car2back

I figured something out today... opinions please

Today at work there was a Oklahoma Highway Patrol unit west of town trying to talk (simplex) to a Skiatook PD unit on 155.250 and niether one could hear each other very well, so I patched 250 on the "Police Dept" channel to the "Public Works" channel on the Centracom, but reassigned the PW channel freq from 155.715 to 155.250. So... the console was retransmitting (repeating) mobile traffic it heard on 250 at the repeater/transmittter site at however many watts dispatch is heard and the two mobile over 25+ miles apart could hear each other crystal clear.

Right now, only the dispatch console can be heard on the repeater (it's linked by land-line), but we are in the process of setting up an input frequency for the mobiles to use it as well. Is what I did an acceptable "temporary fix" untill the true repeater is up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.