Skip and the Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Hey folks,

I have been out and about in the early morning hours for the last few nights and have been picking up great skip with my PSR-500 and a external mobile antenna. What has been coming really clear is the GATRRS VHF control channels I have picked them up over here in Deep Southeast Bexar nice and strong and equally as strong over in Bandera and Pipe Creek I have been able to Identify them all except for one, and that is 155.0400 NAC:130 but I am thinking that it must belong in the group as well since it shares the same NAC as all the others I have picked up. I was just curious if anyone else has come across this CC and been able to pin it to a system yet? The PSR500 says that it is decoding at 99% but I am unable to glean any other system info other than The NAC. that has been the same with all the other Channels as well.

Just for Reference I have also picked up these CC's from the system:

154.2350 Cotulla
154.8825 Uvalde
155.1450 Crystal City

redhelmet13

Sounds like the system is sending multi block packets. (Parker Co has a VHF P25 Trunked system and it only shows the NAC on the scanner). Using Pro96Com will provide the info on the system.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Using Pro96Com will provide the info on the system.

I was going to suggest the same thing Wayne. If there's anyway to receive this while connected to a computer (any of the sites would be better than none), you should try to run Pro96Com on it. You'll have to adjust one setting to see the packet dump tab from the main screen- but I don't have the program in front of me right now to describe the process of changing the setting. I'll let you know what it is when I get home if no one else chimes in in the meantime. It'd be interesting to see which sites are peered with which, and might provide some insight into the mystery CC.

Sanscanman

N5WRF
Premium Subscriber
Well skip was terrible this morning with it being much warmer, but with that cold front coming through it might be a good chance to try again. I have a dell mini I can take with me and give it a whack, so i'll let ya'll know in the morning what I find out if I get lucky enough to pick them up.. Now if Clear would just get blanket coverage out here I could post in real time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.