Skip/Lockout Button defaulting to Lockout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

map_guy

There are times when I got very frustrated with the WS1098. I thought its was a scanner issue or an antenna issue, but it was actually the skip button acting like lockout instead of skip.

I will usually have a lot of channels programmed, when the busier channels get busy Ill press "skip" thinking that I can clear the skips later from the menu in the scanner or just turn the scanner off and on.

But it seems like scanner software wants program the skip button with "lockout" all the time. Ill select for the skip button to be skip, but next time I copy to the card, skip its set to lockout again.

Is this a bug? Any way to stop the software from doing this over time, its just another thing I have to check every time I copy the frequencies to the sd card.

ScannerSK

The SKIP button can be programmed for either SKIP or LOCKOUT.

Under the scanner's expert settings, page 59 of the manual states, "Skip - Programmed to 'lockout' will permanently lock out an object when the SKIP button is pressed."

Shawn

map_guy

Thanks for the reply, I think its a software bug. The option doesn't stay skip=skip, instead the ezscan software always defaults to skip=lockout. Ezscan software should remember and keep your last settings.

Very annoying, until I figured out what was happening.Guess it a software issue.

AC9BX

My EZScan defaults to skip=skip. (ver 2.19)
I just did a "restore to factory defaults" just for fun, skip=skip.
Remember when you copy config from the radio into EZScan the settings move too. So if your radio has skip=lockout then EZScan will too and then will put it back to the radio.
As far as bugs, I'm on a first name basis with the support guys, given them a lot to work on lately. But I've not seen a problem with the skip setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.