Skip Stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

Can anyone tell me what the best antenna/equipment... is needed to pick up the best skip...I have a GRE PSR 500 and a RS Pro 97...and a scantenna about 45 feet up fed with LMR 400 run to a splitter between the two.. I don't hear much skip here, Is there a reason why? Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

KC0QNB

Skip/ducting is more common on lo band (30-50mHz) and vhf (150-174mHz) uhf and 800 don't skip much but it does happen on UHF not so much on 800. set up a limit search from 30-50mHz and listen it will be there. your antenna system will work good enough.

btritch

Skip/ducting is more common on lo band (30-50mHz) and vhf (150-174mHz) uhf and 800 don't skip much but it does happen on UHF not so much on 800. set up a limit search from 30-50mHz and listen it will be there. your antenna system will work good enough.

Ok, I have been hearing quite a bit on the 150 to 170 band, Not much on the low side, I'll try that though! Thanks..

D

DaveNF2G

The best antenna to receive skip is also the best antenna to receive local communications.

"Skip" means that some atmospheric phenomenon is bringing distant signals to your location at the same strength as local signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.