• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Skip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFox

Anyone else pick up transmissions from Northern Indiana last night? Here's what I came across

9:15pm 460.025 MHz (Never got a confirmed location)
Shots fired on 106th & Perry St
Subjects seen walking with gun in hand at 114th & 115th

9:40pm 115.550 Mhz (Not sure on location)
Man and Woman found walking on Michigan Rd, 2451 Michigan Road

9:50pm 147.105 MHz (Valpo repeater)
W9CTO was the only callsign that I could write down fast enough

10:50pm 147.285 MHz (Plymouth repeater)

Most of them lasted about 5 minutes then faded out as fast as they came in. I know that the first one wasn't anywhere near Lafayette because there isn't a 115th as far as I know. I'm thinking that it was either Ft. Wayne, Chicago or South Bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.