• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SkyTag™ - Green Laser Aircraft Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I don't think I would be pointing something at aircraft that leaves a trail right back to you.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Cool! They ought to rename it "Please arrest my dumbass"

I love that site - remember the wireless power outlet?

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Uh, that's an April Fools' joke... click on the "legal (blah blah)" at the bottom.

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hey MM, trying to sneak this one in again? Already posted in the other Green Laser Pointer thread.

This item was a 4/1 joke and does not exist nor is it even funny.

It is a felony to point ANY laser device at an airplane in the U.S. are rightfully so.

Tools and toys are to be used, not abused. Have fun with your stuff but be real about things too.

MacombMonitor

ReceiverBeaver said:
Hey MM, trying to sneak this one in again? Already posted in the other Green Laser Pointer thread.

This item was a 4/1 joke and does not exist nor is it even funny.

It is a felony to point ANY laser device at an airplane in the U.S. are rightfully so.

Tools and toys are to be used, not abused. Have fun with your stuff but be real about things too.
Hey the joke still works on some people! Of course it doesn't exist...that's what makes it so funny! That, and the fact that it gets some peoples panties in a bunch! :p

Of course it's illegal to point a laser at an airplane! Why do you think I had all the :cool: , and :wink: icons!

Some Tavern patrons need to lighten up! :roll:

Here is a good article for you!

Developing Your Sense Of Humor
http://ezinearticles.com/?Developing-Your-Sense-Of-Humor&id=181073

ReceiverBeaver

Banned
Hey MM,

I am already light and have a sense of humor.

Some Tavern patrons need to realise that some things just arn't funny, like misuse of talents and committing serious crimes.

N

N_Jay

ReceiverBeaver said:
Hey MM,

Some Tavern patrons need to realise that some things just arn't funny, like misuse of talents and committing serious crimes.
The only funny post was Dobbin's!:twisted: :twisted:

MacombMonitor

ReceiverBeaver said:
Hey MM,

And just what are you doing with your light? :eek:

First of all, I'm not misusing any of my talents. Second, I certainly haven't committed any crime! :roll:

If you read the info on that link, and you don't understand that it is a total joke with comments such as the ones I've quoted below, then you would have to be a TOTAL MORON! And you're going to get in trouble with, or without me! :roll:

"Stop worrying about things like mandatory jail time"

"quickly look outside to make sure no black helicopters are approaching"

"Arrives with a voucher you can redeem to get 5% off your first fine of $25,000 or greater!"

"NOTE: Is this product legal? If you are concerned about the legality of this product, represent a government agency, or are just a curious clicker, CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO! "

ReceiverBeaver

Banned
Are now you are escalating, arguing and trying to pick a fight.

Just let it go

MacombMonitor

JnglMassiv said:
For $150, I'd take the 12mW green laser and the XY motors. Kinda wish it wasn't a prank.
There are some nice high powered lasers on eBay occasionally. Medical Lasers, even industrial lasers that cut steel!

kb2vxa

Banned
Ah, NOW we know what those A-holes have been shooting at planes! How long do you give law enforcement before they go right to the source and bust the distributors like the FCC is doing to the sellers of illegal CB gear?

BTW, when I was a kid I sent HI (.... ..) in Morse using a 300W flood lamp and one pilot blinked the landing lights back. At least I was using a wide angle light source that couldn't temporarily blind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.