SKYWARN frequencies for North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1029659

I've been looking around for frequencies that SKYWARN spotters use in Western North Carolina, specifically in the Charlotte area. I used to hear lots of traffic on 145.350 or around there, but lately I haven't heard anything. I've tried different repeaters in the area to see if they were used for SKYWARN, but I couldn't find any, all of them are completely dead, repeater is down all the time, or they abuse the ham bands on the repeater. Very rarely do I hear anything from 145.350 but when I do, it doesn't come in clearly at all, not sure if its the repeater or my antenna. I've looked on repeaterbook.com and on the Radio Reference site, and still no luck.

CCHLLM

A Google inquiry popped up CLT Skywarn to be 145.230 MHz with tone of 118.8, but how recent and accurate that is would only be a guess for me. Doesn't look as though a lot of Skywarn radio groups still maintain the radio info like they used to do. Hope that info helps some.

D1029659

I know that 145.230 is the W4BFB repeater in Charlotte (I do hear traffic on there), they also have the 146.940 linked if I remember correctly. I'll have to check the 146.940 because I hear less traffic on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.