SKYWARN Frequencies near GSO or RDU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackleg

Greensboro in particular... I made a GRLevel3 box... all radar, all the time. the lack of sound was deafening, so I had it stream the local NOAA Weather Station in the background.... it's fun to look at and all, but I was thinking of tweaking it to change stations when it recieves a severe weather warning - as you can imagine, it's either doing nothing at all, or it's going crazy. When it's going crazy, I'd like to have SKYWARN spotters streaming to make it more exciting.

Please let me know if you know of anything. Even if it's not a public stream available for my project, i'd love having the option to listen.

Thanks!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey Travis. Good to see you over here. :cool:

As for the Triangle area 146.880Mhz WB4TQD is the main repeater for
Central Carolina Skywarn.

As for GSO Triad Skywarn has that area covered on the 147.255Mhz K4ITL
Repeater.

Next time you are in Raleigh give me a call and I will buy ya that beer I owe ya :)

Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hey jackleg,

Was wondering if you might be interested in streaming the Triad Skywarn feed on RR? I currently own the Triad Skywarn feed on RR but with my equipment i just cant keep it up. We have a great dedicated feed to Central Carolina Skywarn and i would love if we could also get one for the Triad Skywarn. If your interested please let me know.

Thanks!!

jackleg

let's get more info

i'm definitely interested in at least discussing it. are you talking about re-routing the uplink to one of the dedicated shoutcast server type places, or are you talking about seeing how much my connection (and box) can take?

What bitrate do you use, and what's a ballpark average upstream usage on RR?

I can always try it out, worst that can happen is it's too slow, right?

Lemme know

jackleg

I'm still too new to have posts show up immediately, but I am pretty sure I had the wrong idea in my last post.

As of now, I am unable to provide a signal from 147.255 mhz to myself, let alone stream it. I'm not sure what I was thinking before, maybe that you wanted a bandwidth sponsor.

I do all my listening online and on my phone, but I may go check out radio shack soon and look into getting something really basic. I had a pro-2040 in HS in 96, wonder what a used one goes for

jackleg

Sure thing, I'll definitely hook one up and see if the stream can support the traffic. Right now I'm gonna stick to looking for something used and cheap just to get going, but I plan on buying something new and nice after the end of the year once all my 1099's come in and find out if DA MAN is letting me keep my piggy bank.

I can't wait to play with a new one, it was fun enough back when I had limited bands

Status
Not open for further replies.