SkyWarn Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike7883d

I know that Wayne County SkyWarn is 145.33 and the alternate is 147.16, but I never hear anything on the MICON frequencies that I have: 442.15 and 443.1 as a backup. I also never hear anything on 145.17 which I believe is an inter-county frequency. Do I have the wrong frequencies for MICON? Is the frequency I have as inter-county still used? Also, I heard the SkyWarn people talking about simplex frequencies. Anyone know what those are?

Thanks!

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Mike,

All last week Wayne County Skywarn used 145.170....and 442.150 is MICON, we were just listening to it 2 days ago, and as a matter of fact, N8EC checked into the MICON net!

Hope that helps

KA7BPR

A Simplex Frequency is a non-repeated frequency. The input and output is the same. These frequencies are used for line-of-sight communications.

For example, FRS and CB radios use simplex frequencies.

DXKW

SKYWARN

IN MONROE COUNTY THEY USE 146.72 ALSO FATHERS DAY IS THE MONROE HAMFEST IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR RADIOS.

THANKS
DXKW

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Let me just say I thought the Monroe Ham Swap Sucked!

I have never said that about a ham swap,but I went to purchase a 2 meter mobile and there were 2 there, and by the time I got back around to it it was gone, and the other one was from the 70's.

But boy if I were a CB'er I would be in heaven!!! I have never in my life seen so many CB's!! I thought these were ham swaps? not CB swaps??

I was very dissapointed and I will probably not go back next year. Why do they even let CB sellers even come in?

too many questions not enough answers

C.B. is the unlicensed Ham Service in the ole 11 Meter Ham Band, so there is the connection between the two.

Why can't the ole C.B. Vs Ham thing ever be put to rest?

goosman99

1958. *1958* Sheesh, some Hams hold a grudge don't they?

It's gone, it's not coming back, get over it. :wink:

Plus they got 15 Meters out of the deal.

Chris
K8MZO

DXKW

hamfest

you are right eric a lot of cb stuff but you have to figure that most of the money to run the club is from the hamfest also if i recall over 70 percent
of the members are retired. so i guess if you pay your six dollars youi can sell what you bring.

thanks
dxkw

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Well you are right but......

I just see it this way. CB had its days and hardly anyone talks on it anymore. I own an RCI2970(100watt Mobile) with CB bands and the 10m band, but I just dont see where CB has a place at a "Ham Swap"

Dont get me wrong I am not knocking CB because I done my fair share of CB before I became a licensed ham operator 10 years ago. When I go to a ham swap I expect to see "amatuer radio gear" not some CB dude selling nothing but CB's!! and then there were even CB's there that were modified and had the modifications on the outside-which by the way is ILLEGIAL!!!

Your right though, anything to make a buck, and if that pays for the table then they take it-but I still dont think that it is right. Ham swaps are for ham's, if you have one or two CB's that you would like to get rid of amongst all the "ham" gear you are selling that is fine, but to have a CB dealer with nothing but CB gear at a ham swap to me is wrong.

Just my thoughts

CBers Hams who cares. I have heard Hams talk worse then CBers on the Shortwave Bands. Besides a lot of people become Hams after first being CBers. Most sawp meets that I have been to, even though I am NOT a Ham, were never totally 100% Ham. You have CBs, Scanners, Ham Equipment. Some Hams might want to get another scanner, or computer gear etc. So they go to these events, hoping to find that stuff.

Besides, I like Honey Baked Ham!!!! :) 8) :lol:

N8HS

Premium Subscriber
Let's clear something up..." 11 meter's" is not now nor was it ever an unlicensed band. All "legal" radio/tv etc bcsts are under some kind of licensing. You dont have to have a a card or piece of paper to be licensed on the 27mhz Citizen's Band. If you operate in violation of the rules which are found in Part 95, subpart D, (which a lot of so-called cb operators do) you are then considered unlicensed.

West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
Many years ago a person had to have a license from the FCC to operate a CB Radio. The cost was $5.00 and during the CB Craze in the 1970's the FCC stopped the requirement for the CB License.

When the CB radio was purchased new an application was enclosed with the CB radio for the user to apply for a license.

I still have a copy of my CB License.

After the license was stopped the FCC wanted all CB users to identify their stations by using the initials of the person and their zip code.

N8HS

Premium Subscriber
I just hope we all agree on these points. The FCC discontinued the issuance of paper Citizen Band Operator licenses, but, licensing did not stop. As long as you obey the rules you are considered licensed.

N8HS said:
I just hope we all agree on these points. The FCC discontinued the issuance of paper Citizen Band Operator licenses, but, licensing did not stop. As long as you obey the rules you are considered licensed.

Yes, I will sort of agree on that point. Casue I have heard/read(?) that local jurisdictions may have power to regulate C.B. no-a-days.

Status
Not open for further replies.