Skywarn

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4ELO

Can we make a SKYWARN frequency sticky for travelers like myself, or may be a skywarn page?

SKYWARN in my area, (woodbury tennessee) is 146.910 csq -600khz, and ( manchester tennessee) 145.450 -600khz pl 127.3

Anyone have any to add, please do.. just remember, this is for travelers, so please include repeater tones as well as up or down input.

Last edited:

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
alot of the database is wrong though. Gallia and Meigs Ohio say there are Skywarn repeaters and there arent. i have seen alot of other people mention that too.

trace1

In Alabama:

146.780 - offset no tone: The Calhoun County ARES/RACES Group uses the CC RACES/EMA repeater on Coldwater Mtn. for any severe weather events that directly affer the Calhoun County area.

147.090 + offset tone 131.8: Any widespread severe weather events that may affect the following counties, Calhoun, Clay, Cleburne, Etowah, Jefferson, St. Clair and Talladega as well as other parts of Central Alabama, the Calhoun County Amateur Radio Association's repeater on Mt. Cheaha may be used as a District 7 ARES Net.

KK4ELO

This is exactly what i mean. there are a lot of the repeaters that are not in the database. and for a new hammer like me, its hard to find the repeaters. so if we can get a bunch of the unknowns on here, itll be alot easier.

thanks for the input guys.

n5ims

This is exactly what i mean. there are a lot of the repeaters that are not in the database. and for a new hammer like me, its hard to find the repeaters. so if we can get a bunch of the unknowns on here, itll be alot easier.

thanks for the input guys.

Then help to fix the problem by submitting them to RR so they can be added. Much better than simply complaining that they're not there (they even will accept changes so if the database is wrong, submit your changes to correct them!).

KK4ELO

n5ims, i do believe that if i knew what they were, i would not have started this thread. all of the others that have posted have seen the reasoning and purpose behind the thread. no criticism needed on the thread. if you have no information to put in, find another thread.

to the others, i still say thanks for the input. obviously you get the point of the thread. lets keep them coming.

n5ims

My comments were only to inform folks that the data is already listed (and to those that state it's missing or out of date how they can correct that). In my original post, I provided links to those you indicated in your original post so you could see that they were indeed already there so folks could also see how to find theirs as well.

I have no desire to criticize but I do feel that the database is a better place for this information since there are things in place to keep it up to date (if folks will use it) where a forum entry is, by design, static so if the information changes folks would have to search through the entire post to find the information they want. Scrolling through a several page thread where the listings have no structure will make it difficult to find the repeater you're looking for, and even more difficult to find the post(s) that list any updates (or even know that those updates exist).

squirrel911

Estill Springs/Decherd/Winchester/Franklin County
Can we make a SKYWARN frequency sticky for travelers like myself, or may be a skywarn page?

SKYWARN in my area, (woodbury tennessee) is 146.910 csq -600khz, and ( manchester tennessee) 145.450 -600khz pl 127.3

Anyone have any to add, please do.. just remember, this is for travelers, so please include repeater tones as well as up or down input.

David are u familier with MTEARS?

Here are some I have

Arnold Air Force Base RX: 147.195 TX:147.795 NO PL Tone
Shelbyville RX: 147.060 TX:147.660 NO PL Tone
Mt. Eagle RX: 145.420 TX:146.010 PL:114.8

Hope these help

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
A good source of info would be a local club. I see you have an ARES club in your immediate area. They should be able to provde the information you're looking for as ARES and SKYWARN usually have ties to one another.

If you have a scanner with a limit search feature, you can program it to search various ham bands as well while you are traveling. There are also various websites out there, such as the North American repeater directory, which will show you confirmed on-air repeaters.

WM4CC
COFFEE COUNTY ARES
PO BOX 511
TULLAHOMA, TN 37388

Status
Not open for further replies.