Skywave Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LubeckTech

Premium Subscriber
I am running Skywave from a 8GB USB drive and am having audio problems. When I use WebSDR I have audio but when I use Cubic SDR I run into problems with Pulseaudio that being no sound.
At bootup I get an "internal error" message that basically says pulse audio has crashed which is no suprise.
I tried the Terminal commands from the website with no luck. My computer is a Dell Lattitude E6410.
Anyone have similar problems??

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I was attempting to install/run Skywave 2.2 on 1) a Dell laptop, 2) a HP laptop, 3) an ASUS laptop and my ASUS desktop. No audio on any of them. I was attempting to run Skywave from a spare hard drive. The only way I was able to get any audio was with the following:

sudo su
apt purge --autoremove pulseaudio
rm -f /etc/asound.conf
rm -f /var/lib/alsa/asound.state
apt install pulseaudio pavucontrol paprefs
alsa force-reload

Note that this removes the pulseaudio **AND** also removes GQRX/gnuradio. I was able to reinstall GQRX but things just were not right after that. I gave up on Skywave 2.2 at that point. Skywave 2.3 that came out today appears to be no better.

I have no idea if the above can be adapted to run from a USB. For anyone attempting this my first recommendation is that Clonezilla is your best friend.

Good luck!

--
Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.