• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SL3500e questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meestor_X

This radio looks interesting and has a couple of features I've not run into before. I've owned and used lots of 2-way radios (analog and digital) but I'm curious how some of this new stuff works.

1. Bluetooth. I can see how it would be easy to make a bluetooth headset work with a radio, but what about the PTT? Do you still have to use the button on the side of the radio?

2. WiFi configuration. There's no software on the Motorola site for the SL3500e. What software is this that works with the SL3500e for configuring them, and what parameters are configurable?

K2NEC

This radio looks interesting and has a couple of features I've not run into before. I've owned and used lots of 2-way radios (analog and digital) but I'm curious how some of this new stuff works.

1. Bluetooth. I can see how it would be easy to make a bluetooth headset work with a radio, but what about the PTT? Do you still have to use the button on the side of the radio?

2. WiFi configuration. There's no software on the Motorola site for the SL3500e. What software is this that works with the SL3500e for configuring them, and what parameters are configurable?

All bluetooth headsets have their own PTT so no you don't have to key from the radio.

By software do you mean for programming the radio? If so then it programs with the MotoTRBO software which can be purchased from Motorola. Most things can be configured/programmed.

Meestor_X

Thank you for your reply!

All bluetooth headsets have their own PTT so no you don't have to key from the radio.
Like regular smartphone bluetooth headsets, or are they special ones for two-way radio?

By software do you mean for programming the radio? If so then it programs with the MotoTRBO software which can be purchased from Motorola. Most things can be configured/programmed.
Is that a "Motorola dealer only" type of programming software, or CPS that regular folks can use (like the DTR CPS software)?

K2NEC

I think that you can use bluetooth headsets in general but I have only used Motorola ones.

You can purchase the software and it is yours. You get full access to the software but you have to make an account with Motorola. There is a thread on here somewhere of how exactly to do it.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
You can use regular phone headsets but when utilized like this, you either have to PTT the radio or enable VOX. Motorola's headsets/bluetooth accessories have built in PTT though.

MotoTRBO CPS is a subscription based software which anyone who creates an account with Motorola can purchase. Last I checked, it was approximately $180 for a 3 year subsciption which included CPS updates and firmware updates for that period. Just because the subscription expires doesn't mean you can't continue using what you already have...you just can't get the updated software and firmware (which often requires newer CPS).

Status
Not open for further replies.