SLATER Central County FA North

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing a lot of 'extra' ambulance numbers today on Central Co North, dispatch and main. The medic numbers I have heard so far today have been Medic 2, Medic 4 and Medic 6. It has been a very busy day for them I am sure, just not sure 'who' these units belong to. Maybe extra Christian Hospital units? Or maybe somebody else. Any ideas?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've also heard the Medic x units being dispatched by VVE911 North Fire Dispatch. Other new units as well with the same UID format as explained below.
Not sure who they are yet.

One thing I have noticed is all the Medic units as well as several other unknown apparatus are using RIDs with the format of 140xxabc where xx has traditionally been the Fire District number within CCE911.
The abc are usually that actual apparatus number.
These new Medic units as well as several other units are seen using a RID format of 14084xxx.
To my knowledge, there is no fire district 84 within CCE911 so I have no idea of what equipment they have and what areas they are dispatched.

The last CCE911 Apparatus Catalog does not seem to have been updated in quite some time.
Anyone that does not have a copy can download the last revision from: http://cce911.org/upload/files/apparatuscatalog.pdf

If anyone knows what District 84 serves as well as other info like apparatus available, please post here with any info!

The 14084xxx units have been seen on the Slater system now for some time but the post above from @scanman1958 is the first I've seen mention of Medic x units being heard. After his post, I also heard the Medic units working but it was unclear as to the area(s). Most did seem to be North of Page Avenue though and I'm not sure I've caught any of the 14084xxx units working with South Fire Dispatch although I've not really been watching very close.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Been hearing a lot of 'extra' ambulance numbers today on Central Co North, dispatch and main. The medic numbers I have heard so far today have been Medic 2, Medic 4 and Medic 6. It has been a very busy day for them I am sure, just not sure 'who' these units belong to. Maybe extra Christian Hospital units? Or maybe somebody else. Any ideas?

Christian Northeast Hospital units are spot on per another source! They are covering EMS for several areas in North county.

diablo03

The Medic units are Christian EMS units that are not primarily 911 units. They are usually used as Transfer trucks, but can be pulled to run 911 calls. Usually not dispatched by North Fire Main, but on Christian's in house dispatch

jtimblin1

Premium Subscriber
CHEMS has been running out of ambulances more frequently, so they have begun to use their transfer trucks during times with high call volume. They go by Medic "#" because they aren't stationed at any fire station and the 84## units are generally used solely by CHEMS supervisors, however, I did here Christian's bariatric unit go by an 84## unit number, however, the specific number has slipped my mind.

Here are some other new units that have been placed in service(or at least heard more often recently) in north county with the ongoing situation:
3727: I doubt this actually runs out of Black Jack's #2 house due to its relative isolation to high call volume areas, but I could be wrong.
4097: 2nd ambulance out of Florissant house #1, technically this was in service before this but it was hardly heard before call volume ramped up.
4519: Mid-County's new Light Rescue Squad that runs on medical and vehicle accidents.
4737 and 4747: Northeast FPD has been wanting to run a 3rd ambulance for a long time and are finally getting an excuse to that their board won't shoot down, Abbott still makes a lot of calls because of the super high demand in their district.
4929: Riverview's Light Rescue Squad, goes on most medical calls/vehicle accidents in the district. It also responds to brush fires but I do not know if it actually carries any water or just goes on those to keep their main trucks in service. I haven't heard 4910 for a while so it likey is used by their crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.