SLATER - P25 for St Louis County, St Charles County, Jefferson county

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
JeffCo (new?) TG

Monitored TG 11550 while traveling down Hwy 30 into St Clair on Saturday. Did not pay a lot of attention to it until it sounded a lot like MSHP. Not sure if it is a patch or something else. I looked (briefly) on the database for JeffCo on SLATER but did not see it. Has anyone else heard this TG and if so what is it?

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
Air Show Freqs

Anyone have the aviation freqs for this weekend's air show at Spirit (KSUS)? Show Box frequencies and Blue Angels choice today? regular air vhf channels closed down.

Thanks,

Terry

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
airshow

thanks. only active ch I have is 120.30 (Air Boss). Nothing heard on the Blue Angels mil channels.

Terry

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
sorry for the hijacked thread

Thanks for your patience. I'll get out now. Just knew some of you locals would be watching this.

T

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
To W0FM

Thanks for the reply. I was driving at the time so I could not sit back and verify what I was hearing. But I thought I heard what sounded like "Weldon or Weldon Spring" many times. That is why I was asking about a possible MSHP connection. I live in southwest St Louis city so monitoring JeffCo SLATER on a regular basis is completely out of the question.

Thanks again.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Where's Arnold PD?

I was looking at the database and did not see Arnold PD listed anywhere in the Jeff Co site(s). Are they included in/under the sheriff heading?

teufler

HAS ST LOUIS SLATER GONE ENTIRELY TO P2 P25? Had in the past, even though the database said Type 2, I could copy most with a type 1 p25 scanner. Now in St Charles Cty, St Louis is quiet, at least at my location.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I am listening right now to SLATER StL Co. Using my 396xt. Have heard them well the past few days. As a matter of fact the south site (102) has been adjusted, I think, and I can hear that site much much better than a month or so ago.

BTW Has anyone found Arnold PD? I asked a while back and no one answered.

W0FM

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson County is now operating full ADP encrypted. Nothing transmits in the clear. Shape of things to come.

stlouisx50

I am listening right now to SLATER StL Co. Using my 396xt. Have heard them well the past few days. As a matter of fact the south site (102) has been adjusted, I think, and I can hear that site much much better than a month or so ago.

BTW Has anyone found Arnold PD? I asked a while back and no one answered.

Your right Scanman the digital signal is much more clearer than it was for months after it was installed. For a while there I was about to rid the hobby.

bizjetmech

Premium Subscriber
SLATER vanished

8 months with a BCD536HP so fairly new to this. No longer pick up anything on SLATER, including STL County Police. Used to! What happened?

teufler

kind of comes and goes. Using a 396xt, leave out in St Peters. Precinct 1-7 coming in fine at night. Using a dual 5/8 wave vertical about 10 feet off the ground. Day light hours, error rate goes up but at night, error rate is 10 or less.Slater St Charles County seems to receive better on Motorola rubber duck off mtx 800 radios.I pick up the closest tower and the others are far enough away that simulcast is not much of a problem.But St Louis cty, Maryland Hts, West County and so one, coming through off the south towers, north towers here very weak.

fullpwr5675

Premium Subscriber
Slater Encryption

So Slater is following suit with the city and going encrypted.There goes my hobby.I will be selling a lot of gear in the coming weeks,radios,cables,willem chip programmers and etc.It was a good run,guess I'll start building model ships lol

AC0RV

Feed Provider
UIDs

I am in need of a current list of UIDs for the Slater. I will in St Charles County and St Louis County areas next week.

I would like to update my list for the area as well. I will be using my 436 HP. So I will be recording any traffic that I recieve as well.

Also as a side note I will take any from the MOSWIN system as well.

Of course I will share any thing I get as well.

Please send them in an excell spreadsheet to fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

With big thanks for the help.

teufler

Apparently I have missed something but St Louis Cty Slater, , I'm nor getting a peep out of. Havbe they gone to all p2? Or encrypted as some were reporting? Using a 7 element beam, showing good carrier, but no audio.

WingnutStl

Premium Subscriber
Apparently I have missed something but St Louis Cty Slater, , I'm nor getting a peep out of. Havbe they gone to all p2? Or encrypted as some were reporting? Using a 7 element beam, showing good carrier, but no audio.

I am picking up both the St. Louis County North and South sites just fine this morning. Unitunker is not showing too much encrypted activity, although I have noticed that Maryland Heights PD seems to be using their support channel (which is encrypted) almost exclusively. Every now and then you see departments switch to encrypted channels but not for too terribly long. I'm not sure what the long term plans are for LE channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.