SLATER - P25 for St Louis County, St Charles County, Jefferson county

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOU4Life

Premium Subscriber
Do I program these as different sites to scan in the scanner, or under one site with the different control channel frequencies?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Request

Ok, First I am looking for a list of any UIDs that have been confirmed (ID'd) for the SLATER.

Also was wondering who is using TGID # 12036,12503

Also have a list of TGID's and UIDs that have not been ID'd. If anyone wants to see them.

Big thanks.

Last edited:

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Still trying to find out what agency is using the above tgids mentioned in the above post.

Big Thanks.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have been seeing this 12036 on the Slater system. Which I think is Pevely PD. But I can not get any UIDs from this TGID.

I have a 436hp and a 536hp and I have checked and search is on and the display UID is also on.
Does anyone a clue what's going ?

Also I am looking any current UIDs for the system as well.

Big thanks. Also Mr Moderator if this is in the wrong forum, Please move it.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have been seeing this 12036 on the Slater system. Which I think is Pevely PD. But I can not get any UIDs from this TGID.

I have a 436hp and a 536hp and I have checked and search is on and the display UID is also on.
Does anyone a clue what's going ?

It appears Pevely PD is using an analog patch.
When this is done, you normally won't see any UIDs or may just see a zero.
If a Pevely user with a P25 radio talks, that users UID should show but everything I heard was still hitting the Slater patch as analog.

If you are in range of Pevely, put in their analog frequencies and see if you hear them a few milliseconds before hearing them come over Slater's Jeffco sites.

AC0RV

Feed Provider

I heard this Fire unit (8320 with the UID of 8302) on one of the Jeffco's Ops channel .

Can anyone tell what agency or department they are with.

Big thanks

WingnutStl

Premium Subscriber
I heard this Fire unit (8320 with the UID of 8302) on one of the Jeffco's Ops channel .

Can anyone tell what agency or department they are with.

Big thanks

83xx units are the St. Clair Fire Protection District

kruser

Premium Subscriber
83xx units are the St. Clair Fire Protection District

That's what I found as well.
Even though St Clair is in Franklin County, fire still uses Slater. I don't think anyone else in Franklin County is heard on Slater sites other than fire districts.
There are several fire districts in Franklin County that are dispatched by CCE911 so those will be heard on one of the Slater sites.
I hear them on both STL County sites also. I don't monitor the St Charles Slater site often but I'd guess some Franklin County fire districts are also heard on that site as well.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have been monitoring the Slater over the past few days. Since I found that I can recieve the Jefferson County South Site here in the Park Hills, mo area.

So far I have and Id'd several Fire and EMS.

Apparently, its seems that Pevely PD is using some type of Analog Patch. I can recieve their traffic on tgid 12036. But no UIDs show up.

I checked and I have scanner programmed right.

More Later, as I get it.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Big thanks. Now for the stupid question : Would that be in IL or MO. ?

David,

Get the PDF file in the link below. It lists all the fire districts in our area on this side of the state line.

Generally, the first two numeric digits heard when hearing a unit number dispatched will be the Fire District that you are hearing. You can cross that with the vast info in the PDF and get the actual districts name.

I cropped just the Agency ID Reference info near the end of the PDF and saved a copy of that to my taskbar so I can easily and quickly see who the district is that I'm hearing.

Each truck or pumper or whatever will also start with the agencies 2 digit district number. So say you hear 8311, you can see it is St Clair Fire and the unit is actually a 1000 GPM Pumper assigned to House 1!
It is cool but the actual apparatus list is not often up to date.
It's up to each district to keep this list updated but there is nothing mandatory about doing that. I often wondered if they had an accurate list used internally so an agency could call a neighbor and see if they could respond with equipment the primary agency may not have on scene.

http://www.cce911.org/upload/files/apparatuscatalog.pdf

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the Slater over the past few days. Since I found that I can recieve the Jefferson County South Site here in the Park Hills, mo area.

So far I have and Id'd several Fire and EMS.

Apparently, its seems that Pevely PD is using some type of Analog Patch. I can recieve their traffic on tgid 12036. But no UIDs show up.

I checked and I have scanner programmed right.

More Later, as I get it.

Yes, Pevely is using an analog patch into Slater. Possibly for the better repeater coverage Slater offers but more likely, they are probably getting ready to move all over to Slater. Using a patch would allow them to upgrade radios to P25 radios a few at a time if a budget does not allow the purchase of new radios all at once for example.

The same type patch can be heard on TG 55427 on either STL County Slater site and TG 12038 on either Jeffco Slater site. Both of those analog patch Talkgroups carry analog traffic from the analog point to point channel on 155.370.

If you have a second radio, put in Pevely's dispatch channel of 154.755 analog. You will hear them on that a second or two before you hear them on TG 12036 on the Slater site. That assumes you are within range of Pevely's analog signal but I think Park Hills should be. I can hear 154.755 here in Chesterfield.

It's kind of fun to see how much better the Slater towers can hear distant analog signals on the 155.370 point to point channel compared to what your scanner can hear!
An example, I can barely hear Jefferson City on 155.370 directly with my outdoor antenna but I can hear them plain as day when they come over the analog patch on TG 55427 on either stl county slater site. That shows you how much better Slater's tall antenna towers can pull in distant signals. I also cannot hear Jefferson City at all with a scanner even when hooked to a high antenna specific to the VHF band. I must hookup a commercial radio or an Icom R9000 to my antenna to hear them directly. The signal is still nothing near as clean and strong as what the Slater towers can hear.

Audio heard over an analog patch on Slater will often sound muffled when compared to the real analog signal if within your range. I suspect that is an artifact from the analog to digital conversions that take place with an analog patch.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Thanks for the PDF.

Also just to let all know I am always on the lookout for any UIDs (in a spreadsheet,if possible) and/or any audio files (from the x36s, Whilsters (trx#s,etc) and any GRE types. So if anyone can help me Please PM me.

Big thanks

N2JDS

Are the UID available as a download that you have so far?

Thanks for the PDF.

Also just to let all know I am always on the lookout for any UIDs (in a spreadsheet,if possible) and/or any audio files (from the x36s, Whilsters (trx#s,etc) and any GRE types. So if anyone can help me Please PM me.

Big thanks

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Hey For Jefferson County Where I can find list of what this various responses mean in terms For Fire & EMS.

I hear them called " SoSo Fire or EMS this will a "Bravo response".

I would Like to what they mean.

Big thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.