SLATER - P25 for St Louis County, St Charles County, Jefferson county

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok I think I have found another Jefferson Co Sheriff talkgroup. The TGID was 12503. Could someone listen and help ID as such.

Also Looking for any UIDs for the SLATER system.

Big thanks for your help.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Ok I think I have found another Jefferson Co Sheriff talkgroup. The TGID was 12503. Could someone listen and help ID as such.

Also Looking for any UIDs for the SLATER system.

Big thanks for your help.

12503 is listed in the Slater DB for Jeffco. It's been known for some time.
The TG listing is the last line below, 12503 is a Fire Dispatch and Response/EMS TG also known as JEFFCO 2.

Look at the Slater DB listing under Jefferson County Talkgroups.

I don't know of a list of known UIDs for Slater users so can't help there.

There is also a Jefferson County Fire Admin set of talkgroup listings.

Most of what you can hear from the Jeffco sites will be listed in one of the two categories. There are a couple TGs in use in Jeffco that are not listed I think. They were mentioned in a Slater thread maybe a month or two ago. I did not verify the users but did hear the TGs mentioned in the thread.
Jeffco county PD is encrypted since the day they went live on Slater.

Fire and some small communities located in the county are in the clear.

12503 30d7 D Jeff F/E R3 JeffCo: Fire / EMS Response [JEFFCO 2] Fire Dispatch

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Thanks.

After reading the post. I realized that I had a mistake. I typed in 12503. It should have been 12053. Sorry for the mistake.

Again thanks.

rpb1762

New post, hopefully in the right place!

I've listened to SLATER/Jeffco since they went on air using my trusty PRO-197. It's taken a bit but all works they way I think it should using nothing more than the standard extension that comes with the unit. (As an aside, I bought 3 pro-197 and 2 pro-106 at $68 during the Radio Shack collapse several years ago. But I digress!) To the point: about once an hour there's a burst of tone (which I assume is Morse code) that comes across SLATER. I assume it's an automated ID, but whose?
Thanks!
rb

frankdrebbin

I live right across the Big Ditch in IL and I can't hear anything on SLATER. I use my PSR-800 and all I can hear is analog EMS dispatch. I would like to hear Troop C. It looked like the antenna pattern should extend into my area of Monroe Co.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I live right across the Big Ditch in IL and I can't hear anything on SLATER. I use my PSR-800 and all I can hear is analog EMS dispatch. I would like to hear Troop C. It looked like the antenna pattern should extend into my area of Monroe Co.

I'm up in St. Clair County, IL, and I hear some MoSP Troop C traffic on the MOSWIN site up here. Not sure if you can monitor it from Monroe Co., though.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
If you are just across the river you should easily hear SLATER. As a matter of fact there is a site/tower that sits way atop a hill just south of the JB bridge that you can see with no problem. I would double check your settings/frequencies on your scanner. But don't stop trying.

frankdrebbin

I have the closest sites programmed in but i never hear anything on MOSWIN. Maybe they just don't talk that much. Maybe my antenna isn't copacetic. Next trip i take to MO I'll take the PSR-800 along and see what happens. I used to hear St. Louis Co. just fine before they went encrypted with SLATER.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I was mistaken. Sorry. That is a SLATER site I was describing. There is plenty to hear on SLATER. Tons of stuff. Just not PD. You can hear Pt to Pt too. Not sure why you can't pick up much, or anything. on MOSWIN. The city's north site just booms signals all over the place. And I am sure you should be able to pick up the Imperial site. Just check and recheck everything. As a last resort program a new system as 'conventional' and program all of the voice channels for the Imperial site and see if you can pick anything up. It will just be random transmissions. If you can pick up the city's north site you will be overwhelmed (maybe) with all the stuff on there. But hey. Who knows. I just remembered. There is a MOSWIN site in Belleville (I think) or at least St Clair Co you might try programming. Sorry you still can't hear Troop C.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
One more thing. Not sure if you are in the northern or southern part of Monroe Co. If you are south then you can try programming a site out of Ste Genevieve Co.

frankdrebbin

I'm in the middle of the county. I figured there may be municipals in St. Louis Co. that I can hear but really liked SLC police which is encrypted. I know SLATER covers some areas over here. I cannot hear anything out of St. Clair Co. anymore since they went all Starcom. I figured at least I could hear something on MOSWIN. I'll have to keep trying. I have the south and central sites programmed in for that. The patterns overlap where I live so I cannot figure out why I cannot hear anything. I remember the night the Ferguson riots started. I had 3 scanners going and as soon as the not guilty verdict was handed down and Brown's old man said burn it down, those scanners came to life and even with 3 going it was impossible to keep track of the action with the multitude of fire and law enforcement calls going out. It was interesting. I suppose that's why they encrypted.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
If you are that far away I am guessing the only help you may find is with an outside antenna and possibly a yagi. Wish we could help more. A south MOSWIN site may be your best bet especially if it is a VHF high band site. Sorry about the 800/700 sites. They do not travel far. Not at all. That is why, in part, there are around 16 towers/sites for SLATER in just St Louis Co. At least with MOSWIN the VHF high freqs travel MUCH farther. Hence only one site/tower per county in the statewide system. Good luck.

frankdrebbin

I may use a yagi. My antennas are on the 2cd floor of my house. Starcom is as bad. Cant hear St. Clair Co. anymore. I'll have to check my preferences for MOSWIN in my PSR-800.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I may use a yagi. My antennas are on the 2cd floor of my house. Starcom is as bad. Cant hear St. Clair Co. anymore. I'll have to check my preferences for MOSWIN in my PSR-800.

Are you using the STARCOM21 Columbia or Waterloo sites to monitor? I would think one of them would carry St. Clair Co. traffic, but maybe nothing affiliates to them from up here.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I monitor both sites but I think I only pick up one. St Clair Co may as well be in Virginia as far as I am concerned. Just can not hear it in my hole in sw city. Almost all the TG's on the St Clair site are supposed to remain on that site only. But there are a few TG's now and then that pop up on the Monroe Co sites. St Clair Co law 3 and 4 (rural areas, pop up) and rarely a couple FD TG's show up. St Clair Co is under the StarCom name but is it's own simulcast system.

frankdrebbin

I use the Waterloo site as that's where I live. I have the Columbia site programmed in also but even as close as I am to Columbia, the signal is weak. I usually run that site in ID Search but I hear stuff from all over the Starcom system. And forget about St. Clair Co. Only way I can hear what's going on there is when I visit my Mom in rural St. Clair and can pick them up on my HP1. Irks me I can't get anything on MOSWIN.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to pick up both Monroe Co sites from Waterloo. Not sure what is happening with your reception.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
STARCOM

I'm having issues picking up any traffic anymore from STARCOM21 over in the city of St. Louis. Could be problems at the tower site.

Status
Not open for further replies.