SLATER - P25 for St Louis County, St Charles County, Jefferson county

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I know this sounds odd but when I hear some of the County PD radio traffic on one of their new digital P25 ID's, it will then tend to go silent after 20 or 30 min of monitoring. Has anyone else experiencing this as well?

What scanner are you using?

If the Home Patrol, it will stop receiving after that amount of time if running one of the 2.06.xx beta firmware versions but I've never seen it do it with the regular released firmware and I don't see that kind of problem with any of my other digital radios or scanners.

genealle

I know this sounds odd but when I hear some of the County PD radio traffic on one of their new digital P25 ID's, it will then tend to go silent after 20 or 30 min of monitoring. Has anyone else experiencing this as well? Also, is UCPD now all encrypted?

I heard Dispatch them when the 4th cutover but haven't heard a peep on the 800 system. Guess I don't have the right groups. The old VHF channel is still silent.

genealle

55394 thru 55399 are the county precinct TGs.
They appear to be using the same calls or unit numbers so it should not be hard figuring out.
55395 appears to be the old Precinct 2 or 155.565 and 55394 appeared to be Precinct 1 or North County from 155.130. One also had the calls heard from the old Muni-North but I don't recall the TG.

Give just those 6 a listen though and you will hear your familiar county PD voices!

Thanks for posting! I checked SLATER and STL County Law didn't have all the Talk Groups in it. I went to the list and added them and found P4 on 55398

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Are Ellisville and Eureka still on Muni-West or have they been moved? The 3rd was moved from 3/5/7 to 3/4.

They were still on Muni West last evening and I assume they will stay there.

The only one I saw that has multiple talkgroups now is West County Dispatch Center using 55414, 55415 and 55416.

414 was being used for Creve Coeur, 415 I assume is Frontenac and 416 was Town & Country. Of course these are not STL County talkgroups. West County Dispatch center was formed to dispatch for just a few cities in its area and they kept the same frequencies each city was on before the common dispatch center was formed.

County PD TG ranges run from 55394 to 55399.
They have others as well but those will be encrypted. Things like the old car to car channel will no longer be monitorable and I assume most of their riot channels will also now be encrypted.

It's pretty easy to decipher which TG is used for Muni-North and West as the car numbers will generally contain a letter. Like for Chesterfield, it is usually heard like 5Charles24. I forget what letter Eureka used but Muni West also dispatches one area that uses simple 4 digit car numbers (no letters) which very well could be the Eureka cars or the car numbers used before Muni-West became a channel and was still just a precinct.
I seem to recall them being in the 6,000 range but am not sure if those were Eureka cars or areas that Muni West dispatches for the actual 5th or 6th precinct. The Muni channels used to be just unincorporated areas but most of the areas north and west dispatch for are now incorporated cities but kept a dispatch contract with the county.

Check the WIKI for St Louis County PD and it will explain the contract cities the county dispatches for. I'm not sure how up to date the wiki is but it should get you close.

I think Fenton is the only city that still uses an actual Precinct number.
That also gives them their own talkgroup within the six County PD talkgroup range. Fenton could be the precinct considered 6.
There is also an 8!

In short, Muni-West and North both still dispatch the same cities they did before moving to Slater.

55394 - StL Co PD: 1st Precinct
55395 - StL Co PD: 2nd Precinct
55396 - StL Co PD: Muni West
55397 - StL Co PD: Muni North
55398 - StL Co PD: 3/4 Precinct
55399 - StL Co PD: 5/7 Precinct

55414 - West County Dispatch Center - Creve Coeur PD Dispatch
55415 - West County Dispatch Center - Frontenac PD Dispatch (not positive on this one, someone needs to confirm)
55416 - West County Dispatch Center - Town & County PD Dispatch

West County could have others as each of the above cities had multiple analog PD channels but I'd imagine those will now be on both, encrypted Support channels and clear City channels that could be marked as Public Works depending on how they get listed.

WingnutStl

Premium Subscriber
They were still on Muni West last evening and I assume they will stay there.

The only one I saw that has multiple talkgroups now is West County Dispatch Center using 55414, 55415 and 55416.

414 was being used for Creve Coeur, 415 I assume is Frontenac and 416 was Town & Country. Of course these are not STL County talkgroups. West County Dispatch center was formed to dispatch for just a few cities in its area and they kept the same frequencies each city was on before the common dispatch center was formed.

County PD TG ranges run from 55394 to 55399.
They have others as well but those will be encrypted. Things like the old car to car channel will no longer be monitorable and I assume most of their riot channels will also now be encrypted.

It's pretty easy to decipher which TG is used for Muni-North and West as the car numbers will generally contain a letter. Like for Chesterfield, it is usually heard like 5Charles24. I forget what letter Eureka used but Muni West also dispatches one area that uses simple 4 digit car numbers (no letters) which very well could be the Eureka cars or the car numbers used before Muni-West became a channel and was still just a precinct.
I seem to recall them being in the 6,000 range but am not sure if those were Eureka cars or areas that Muni West dispatches for the actual 5th or 6th precinct. The Muni channels used to be just unincorporated areas but most of the areas north and west dispatch for are now incorporated cities but kept a dispatch contract with the county.

Check the WIKI for St Louis County PD and it will explain the contract cities the county dispatches for. I'm not sure how up to date the wiki is but it should get you close.

I think Fenton is the only city that still uses an actual Precinct number.
That also gives them their own talkgroup within the six County PD talkgroup range. Fenton could be the precinct considered 6.
There is also an 8!

In short, Muni-West and North both still dispatch the same cities they did before moving to Slater.

55394 - StL Co PD: 1st Precinct
55395 - StL Co PD: 2nd Precinct
55396 - StL Co PD: Muni West
55397 - StL Co PD: Muni North
55398 - StL Co PD: 3/4 Precinct
55399 - StL Co PD: 5/7 Precinct

55414 - West County Dispatch Center - Creve Coeur PD Dispatch
55415 - West County Dispatch Center - Frontenac PD Dispatch (not positive on this one, someone needs to confirm)
55416 - West County Dispatch Center - Town & County PD Dispatch

West County could have others as each of the above cities had multiple analog PD channels but I'd imagine those will now be on both, encrypted Support channels and clear City channels that could be marked as Public Works depending on how they get listed.

If memory serves me correct, "Prec 5" is Fenton, "Prec 6" is Wildwood and "Prec 8" is Jennings

genealle

Any idea what the 30 TGIDs are in St. Louis County Training?
Seems like a lot with a vague description

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Muni-West Ellisville is 5 Adam, Eureka is 5 Boston and Chesterfield is 5 Charles.

That is correct after listening more this evening.
I could not remember what the Boston cars were but Eureka is it.

They also dispatch cars like 2602 which should be precinct 6 cars or Wildwood.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
If memory serves me correct, "Prec 5" is Fenton, "Prec 6" is Wildwood and "Prec 8" is Jennings

This appears correct but I've personally not verified Precinct 8 yet.
I believe it to be correct though from other notes I have.
I'm just concentrating on Muni West at this time.

I did find another (unknown to me) TG while getting to Muni West in my radio. It is 53715 and was being used by Precinct 2 cars as a car 2 car channel. Same UIDs as those seen on the 55395 talkgroup tonight.

As you said:
5 is Fenton and still uses the same numbering scheme as listed in the attached pdf. Fenton actually had its own PD force several years ago but was disbanded and taken over by county. I can't recall if Fenton was actually precinct 5 when they had their own PD or not. I seem to recall a large unincorporated area outside the actual Fenton City Limits that could have been the original 5th precinct before Fenton's PD was disbanded and STL County PD took control at which time it all became the 5th precinct as it is today.

6 is Wildwood but dispatched by Muni-West on TG 55396 and cars with unit numbers like 3602. (after 11 PM)
The 2nd digit indicates the precinct and they are all x6xx.
I know I heard a 26xx something as I was finding this document.
That would be correct as it was well before 11 PM. At 11PM, the 1st digit changes from a 2 to a 3.

For Muni West, The 2nd digit is the precinct if a number or a city or muni if a letter which are not listed in this old document. Muni West and North did not even exist when this document was created! I think Muni North also uses the 2nd digit only to indicate which city or muni it is but I don't think Muni North has an actual precinct so all Muni North units should have a letter only for the 2nd character.

I have another list that shows the 2nd character letter meaning when they came up with Muni West and started Muni North although some of the muni's listed in my Muni North listing no longer exist.
The attached pdf is old as can be seen by the fact they show 154.875 as the 1st precinct frequency. That became Muni-Wests last analog frequency several years ago now. It remained that way until shutdown when they moved to Slater. Several other frequencies shown in the handwritten notes are also incorrect from the last actual frequencies used just before the switch to Slater.
Otherwise, the pdf it is still mostly accurate for the 4 digit unit numbering scheme at least. I've not heard them use 1,2 or 3 digit numbering in a long time.
Possibly still used internally but not heard on the radio in ages.

The unit numbering meanings do seem to still be correct for the 4 digit cars heard on the radio today including Slater.

Attachments

• Stl County PD Unit Numbering.pdf
    374 KB · Views: 183

genealle

8th is Jennings according to their web City of Jennings Precinct | St. Louis County Police
I heard an all points alert yesterday that was directed at the 8th.

After posted the missing TGID for 3&4 I noticed that they continually simulcast for both precincts at once. They used to do that only on occasion but it "appears" to be the norm. Dunno if the workload is now less or they just make the dispatcher work harder.

WingnutStl

Premium Subscriber
This appears correct but I've personally not verified Precinct 8 yet.
I believe it to be correct though from other notes I have.
I'm just concentrating on Muni West at this time.

I did find another (unknown to me) TG while getting to Muni West in my radio. It is 53715 and was being used by Precinct 2 cars as a car 2 car channel. Same UIDs as those seen on the 55395 talkgroup tonight.

As you said:
5 is Fenton and still uses the same numbering scheme as listed in the attached pdf. Fenton actually had its own PD force several years ago but was disbanded and taken over by county. I can't recall if Fenton was actually precinct 5 when they had their own PD or not. I seem to recall a large unincorporated area outside the actual Fenton City Limits that could have been the original 5th precinct before Fenton's PD was disbanded and STL County PD took control at which time it all became the 5th precinct as it is today.

6 is Wildwood but dispatched by Muni-West on TG 55396 and cars with unit numbers like 3602. (after 11 PM)
The 2nd digit indicates the precinct and they are all x6xx.
I know I heard a 26xx something as I was finding this document.
That would be correct as it was well before 11 PM. At 11PM, the 1st digit changes from a 2 to a 3.

For Muni West, The 2nd digit is the precinct if a number or a city or muni if a letter which are not listed in this old document. Muni West and North did not even exist when this document was created! I think Muni North also uses the 2nd digit only to indicate which city or muni it is but I don't think Muni North has an actual precinct so all Muni North units should have a letter only for the 2nd character.

I have another list that shows the 2nd character letter meaning when they came up with Muni West and started Muni North although some of the muni's listed in my Muni North listing no longer exist.
The attached pdf is old as can be seen by the fact they show 154.875 as the 1st precinct frequency. That became Muni-Wests last analog frequency several years ago now. It remained that way until shutdown when they moved to Slater. Several other frequencies shown in the handwritten notes are also incorrect from the last actual frequencies used just before the switch to Slater.
Otherwise, the pdf it is still mostly accurate for the 4 digit unit numbering scheme at least. I've not heard them use 1,2 or 3 digit numbering in a long time.
Possibly still used internally but not heard on the radio in ages.

The unit numbering meanings do seem to still be correct for the 4 digit cars heard on the radio today including Slater.

That old "general order" brings back memories and pre-dates my time there (and I have been gone for 17 years)! Most of the 2 digit assignments have either changed or been eliminated. The three digit assignments for municipal police agencies dispatched by STL county went away around 1991 (I remember how I hated having to type letters into CAD when the cars went from 521 to 5C21!). There were 2 county ambulances (8xx units) still dispatched on the 1st and 3rd prec channels until about 1991 as well. County Animal Control (6xx units) are still in use and I believe they are still on the 1st and 3rd prec channels).

genealle

How about today where you have to assign 1401 and 2401 to a call or 2402 and 3405? The overlapping shifts would confuse me badly. ;(

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
If I am reading your message right that should be easy. The first number is the shift ID. Day, evening or night. Probably after a while it could get easier. Maybe.

genealle

If I am reading your message right that should be easy. The first number is the shift ID. Day, evening or night. Probably after a while it could get easier. Maybe.

Should be easy, but not to me. :) I dispatched a few nights and road Lemay through Oakville and I always had a mental note of who was where. It was easier before the long shifts were implemented. 1402 went home and 2402 came on duty, very little overlap time. Plus they moved Beat 4 to Lemay from deep south Oakville and moved Sector 3 up to Lemay around Mehlville. Now we have 6 in Oakville instead of around Bella Villa and a 7 in Oakville instead of around Telegraph and Sappington, kinda an overlay car since the 7 car was a rarity a few years ago. 1 to 6 was the norm. Now we sometimes have a 9 so I guess manpower has been upped.

snoozer

Does anyone know of a decent shop to get equipment worked on in the area? I used to send my stuff to radio shacks repair depot, but that is no more.

piocked up a bunch of new talk groups on st charles County 800 today.23508 is st charles cty sheriff but 23509, 23512, 23644, 23645, 24020, 24170 picking up address in st charles city which is strange for the county, 24171, 24186, 24220, 24270, 27034, 27035, 27036, 27037, and 27038. St Peters Pd though I still detect a carrier on 853.350, they are silent. One of these codes could be st.peters getting on the st louis p25 system.. 24170 might be st charles city getting on the system.

Any ideas????

Trying to read a bit much of older posters especially from someone in my area.

Sorry if this is a bit basic but when you say you picked up a bunch of new things like the 23508,23509 on the slater P25 where would I go about attempting to input these and what all settings need to accompany them to allow me to hear them.

I am not sure how long it will take for the mods to read through my post and realize I am a real person and allow actual posting permissions but, I will read and reply as I can.

All hep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

creech883

Help!! I have a pro 197 and am using downloads from this site with the programming software. But nothing is coming in clear. I'm not sure what to have the settings at.( threshold, T tables...) I'm trying to listen to st Charles county.

Last edited:

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I heard something yesterday that confused me but at the same time made things a little easier to follow St Louis Co police. I heard a county dispatcher tell an officer that he was on the "3 - 5 - 7" channel. My old notes for county's VHF channels shows the 3rd precinct sharing the same channel with Fenton (7th) and some west area departments (5th).?? I know 3 and Fenton were on that channel. Not sure of 5?

I just wanted to point out what the dispatcher said as I would assume he/she was telling the truth. FYI

Oh ....... TG 55398

Status
Not open for further replies.