SLCPD dispatch frequency?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I think its on the AC33 system seperate from UCA , its the same one the salt lake airport is on.. its a different trunking system

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Depends also what site u have in , I can hear county and UHP on UCA, The city is on the AC33 system

kc7rhw

Premium Subscriber
you should be able to pick the SLC city trunk systems it depends on where you live.
i was pick it up on a radio shack 2053 trunking scanner before i moved from Roy Utah.
maybe you due not have it programmed right

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have a BCT15X scanner and I can’t seem to pick up much dispatch calls.
Are you using software? If so, please attach your programming file so we can take a look at it. You will need to right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped folder.

Reactions: 522

N7YUO

SLC Public Safety has a transmitter on Farnsworth Peak in the Oquirrh Mountains.
If you are within sight of that, you should be able to receive SLC PD.
It hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, but SLC does not use rebanded frequencies.
So I don't know if that has any affect on your reception.
I would think that if you are within range of their transmitter,
and you input their trunked frequencies, and you select Motorola Type II system,
then you should be able to receive them.

Rescue541

SLC Public Safety has a transmitter on Farnsworth Peak in the Oquirrh Mountains.
If you are within sight of that, you should be able to receive SLC PD.
It hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread, but SLC does not use rebanded frequencies.
So I don't know if that has any affect on your reception.
I would think that if you are within range of their transmitter,
and you input their trunked frequencies, and you select Motorola Type II system,
then you should be able to receive them.
Are they changing to the p25 system?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Are they changing to the p25 system?
No they are on a different system than UCA, Salt Lake City PD has their own system, the Airport is also on it. Having said that some channels are patched to UCA but, their system will remain. I haven't heard anything about the Salt Lake City/airport system (AC33) switching to a digital system...

Rescue541

No they are on a different system than UCA, Salt Lake City PD has their own system, the Airport is also on it. Having said that some channels are patched to UCA but, their system will remain. I haven't heard anything about the Salt Lake City/airport system (AC33) switching to a digital system...
Thank you