• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Sleep Deprived

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

I'm just a dumb Huey pilot trying to EMS (Earn Money Sleeping"). Someone please help.

Can I get our CDM1250 to "sleep" until my base is toned-out...like our HT1250's when they are in range?

Presently I'm forced to listen to all dispatch traffic so not to miss my alert. At nearer bases where our HT1250 can hit a tower, their "Sleep Channel" can be selected and nothing gets through but its tone. At this point you know the call is for you and then we switch off to normal dispatch channel and get the details.

At a remote base the HT's won't work so I've had installed a CDM1250 to listen-up and then we use a repeater to talk through another channel on our HT1250's.

Can not the CDM1250 do the same as HT1250's...perhaps even more?

What do we call these features in Motorola lingo? Will CDM 1250 do these types of things? Can I program them myself...I have some experience with CPS software used on our helicopter's tactical radios.

What would be really cool is to have our already employed discrete alert tone come through and then automatically turn sleep off until reset. This way the remote channel used on HT's would then be able to reply.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Maybe something a bit more low tech is the answer, like a BR330T or 396T with fire tone out? You could monitor on the scanner and then use the base radio to respond. Kinda overkill for what you want, but it should do the trick. An added bonus would be the ability to monitor other agencies when needed.

-AZ

radioz

Well, we already have the equipment and need to try and get it to work if possible.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
radioz said:
I'm just a dumb Huey pilot trying to EMS (Earn Money Sleeping"). Someone please help.

Can I get our CDM1250 to "sleep" until my base is toned-out...like our HT1250's when they are in range?

Presently I'm forced to listen to all dispatch traffic so not to miss my alert. At nearer bases where our HT1250 can hit a tower, their "Sleep Channel" can be selected and nothing gets through but its tone. At this point you know the call is for you and then we switch off to normal dispatch channel and get the details.

At a remote base the HT's won't work so I've had installed a CDM1250 to listen-up and then we use a repeater to talk through another channel on our HT1250's.

Can not the CDM1250 do the same as HT1250's...perhaps even more?

What do we call these features in Motorola lingo? Will CDM 1250 do these types of things? Can I program them myself...I have some experience with CPS software used on our helicopter's tactical radios.

What would be really cool is to have our already employed discrete alert tone come through and then automatically turn sleep off until reset. This way the remote channel used on HT's would then be able to reply.

Well first off what you are describing is Quick Call II, Motorolas paging format. I am not certain but I do not see why the CDM1250 would not have QCII. IF it does then yes what you are describing can be done, you are simply setting one channel up as a "pager"

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
After looking at the specs, yes the radio can do what you want. You will need the tones used to page out your squad.

CCHLLM

The CDM series has both encoding and decoding (signalling) capability, and it's all as simple as programming. As suggested, the radio techs should be able to do the trick. Word of advice from an old fire/rescue responder and MotherMoto radio tech: add another channel to the list, duplicate the normal dispatch channel's parameters, and add the parameters to make that the QC II decode channel. When you lie down for the snooze, place the radio on that channel and set the decoder. Reason being is that there is no change to the incumbent programming in the radio and everything still functions as selected for those that ain't with the program. If they don't like the change, they can always select the original channel and be fat, dumb, and happy. Also, if desired and depending on your particular circumstances, make the decoder reset a manual function rather than an auto function so that a conscious action has to take place to shut it up. I'm sure there'll be some objections here to that suggestion, but if we're not working under the exact protocols and circumstances you are and the people you have to live with, we can't advise you on suitable settings options for your situation.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
You should be able to drag the info from your HT1250s into the CDM1250. The easiest thing would be to program the whole codeplug identically to the radios you already know work the way you want.

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
Just to echo everyone else's posts, I had a CDM1250 set up at our rescue station (at the time had 2 different rescues with two different tone QCII tone pairs). We had the radio programed with the following frequencies:

Tact 1 - Open
Tact 4 - Open
Tact 1 Medic 1 - Tone outs only
Tact 1 Medic 4 - Tone outs only
Tact 1 Medic 1 and Medic 4 - Tone outs only

The radio was set so that you had to click the transmit button to reset after a page. This was pretty cool because it let you monitor all pages and normal ops if you wanted (Tact 1) or monitor the Fireground frequency (Tact 4).

Also, it let you have the radio "shut up" unless certain units were paged. We set it up this way because sometimes the station would have both units on duty at night, and other times it was only one of the units. This way, whatever units were on duty could set it to only hear their pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.