Sleep Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene11

Have you guys ever heard of a radio station that is meant to be played in your sleep?

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Like one of those 1960's experiments on the brain to see if listening to the radio or TV at night will make you smarter?

nicklep417

Have you guys ever heard of a radio station that is meant to be played in your sleep?

Yes, in fact I listen to one of these almost every night (if I'm not listening to my scanner) while going to sleep.

Sleepbot Environmental Broadcast

Cryosleep

If you use winamp as your media player more stations like these and thousands of others can be found in the "shoutcast radio" section under online services in the media library.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
i listend to cryosleep stuff
WOW! some musical bells and chimes there, scary listening to it here at night in the dark

trace1

Well no but I do seem to remember that Lucille Ball claimed to have heard or picked up a radio broadcast on a dental filling while passing by a radio station after a visit from her dentist.

Although the Mythbusters "busted" that possibility...

If it were true and happened to me, with my luck it'd be some type of station that played the kind of music I really hate!!! ;)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I saw the actual Merv Griffin interview where she claimed she could hear "Morse code" and thought it was some kind of spy station. That must have been on the way home from Desilu after filming the Vitamina Vegamin episode. (;->)

trace1

I saw the actual Merv Griffin interview where she claimed she could hear "Morse code" and thought it was some kind of spy station. That must have been on the way home from Desilu after filming the Vitamina Vegamin episode. (;->)

No doubt...

Attachments

• Vitameatavegamin.jpg
    Vitameatavegamin.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 119

Eugene11

New

There is a new one that promises to have regular songs that are slowed down so your subconscious can enjoy them in your sleep. Cool idea?

brent30

I used to listen to a sleep radio but once in a while a sound would be higher than other and it would wake me up... so no more radio at night for me, but it did help me fall asleep faster

af5rn

There is a new one that promises to have regular songs that are slowed down so your subconscious can enjoy them in your sleep. Cool idea?
No way could I sleep with that playing. I cannot sleep, study, or concentrate on anything if there is music playing that I recognise. If I know the song, then my mind is distracted by the lyrics and music, wanting to sing and play along.

I could probably sleep with that "sleep music" stuff, but I'm afraid it would give me nightmares.

af5rn

I don't know if MUSAK still exists, but you used to be able to pick it up on the scanner around here, and that sure would make someone go to sleep.

http://www.muzak.com/

Look at their logo, and you'll probably realise you've seen it on vans around town. They are very much alive and well... unfortunately.

Dude, how embarrassing would it be to have to tell people you worked for Muzak? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.