SLERS Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

I have been reading the forums and decided to sign up and post. I bought a scanner and purchased the province option and can hear Slers groups in the clear. While doing research on Slers I noticed that on the states website they have a new system manager. Does anyone know why they are changing staff? Is the new system getting rolled out soon? I'm hoping the p25 system will offer more to hear for us as more users join.

If any jobs come open I'm thinking about applying to see if I can get my foot in the door with the state. Does anyone have any advice? I read where the state has mobile trailers with sites in them, anyone know if they use DES encryption. Seen one a few years ago with a state tag leaving camp blanding. Any info in how the state system works would be great.

Rudy

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
hi,

I have been reading the forums and decided to sign up and post. I bought a scanner and purchased the province option and can hear Slers groups in the clear. While doing research on Slers I noticed that on the states website they have a new system manager. Does anyone know why they are changing staff? Is the new system getting rolled out soon? I'm hoping the p25 system will offer more to hear for us as more users join.

If any jobs come open I'm thinking about applying to see if I can get my foot in the door with the state. Does anyone have any advice? I read where the state has mobile trailers with sites in them, anyone know if they use DES encryption. Seen one a few years ago with a state tag leaving camp blanding. Any info in how the state system works would be great.

Rudy

Looks like edacs will be phased out and going to the a phase l system and Leo and state people will be Encryted as usual. I'm sure they already got staff for the new system. On the current slers by you. You may only hear the deaf and blind school buses. And also you'll need to make sure you have correct lcns for each site.

Looks like edacs will be phased out and going to the a phase l system and Leo and state people will be Encryted as usual. I'm sure they already got staff for the new system. On the current slers by you. You may only hear the deaf and blind school buses. And also you'll need to make sure you have correct lcns for each site.

Are you saying I may only hear the deaf and blind because they are on the local sites in the area?

Heard shands UF hospital helicopters on Slers this week. This must be new because nobody has ever referenced hearing them. They completed a few test counts. Caught this traffic in p25 Slers driving through perry. Anyone know if they are moving to Slers?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I can't pick up the p25 system to well here where I'm at I get 1-2 bars. I'm sure they're trying to get everyone over before edacs goes bye bye.

whooey

Heard shands UF hospital helicopters on Slers this week. This must be new because nobody has ever referenced hearing them. They completed a few test counts. Caught this traffic in p25 Slers driving through perry. Anyone know if they are moving to Slers?

Wow, news to me.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

What TGID?

Status
Not open for further replies.