SLFD Command Channels

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
The past week or so the St Louis FD has been assigning Command Charlie to working fires instead of their normal Command Bravo. Today it seemed like there was some serious communication issues with the command channels. The city had two working fires. The first one needed extra equipment partially because of the sub freezing temps. That fire was on Command Charlie instead of Command Bravo. I never heard an event on Bravo at the time. A second working fire popped up that went to two alarms. That fire was assigned to the Dispatch Channel. Also not assigned to Bravo. That caused issues with continued dispatching of calls. They eventually reassigned the two alarm fire to Command Alpha. Command Bravo was not utilized for any event today and it hasn't been utilized for most of the last few days or so.

Does anyone have information as to why Bravo has not been used for working fires recently? I know the city also has Commands Delta and Echo that they utilize for special events like Mardi Gras and St Louis Cardinal baseball games. I think those could be used if needed for call overload.

Just wondering if anyone has information as to the change in command channel utilization.

nick1427d

Premium Subscriber
Was it possible they are being split between areas now? Maybe Command B is for a specific district(s)?