Slippery Rock LTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
It appears that Slippery Rock University is running an LTR system, but I'm having trouble determining the LCN order for it. I've found three frequencies listed under the FCC license and have gotten one TGID so far. If there is anyone in the area that wants to give this a listen and see what they can come up with, here's the info:

and the TG I have found is 0-07-001.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get LCN 7, which is already in the DB. I just got 1 yesterday, but the system is not very active at all, so it has been hard to get the 3rd LCN. Only 2 TG so far, that I have been able to determine.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I'm a mile from the university, but only temporarily. Here's what I have so far:

1. 463.7375
7. 464.3875

Unk: 461.9375

TG:
0-07-001 General Maint
0-01-014 Electricians

Unk TG
0-01-002
0-07-013

Let us know if you get anything new.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
If you live about a mile away from the college and have a hard time picking it up I don't think I'll have much of a chance from 2 or 3 miles out on I-79. Not to change the subject on you but do you listen to Grove City Pd by any chance? If you do what frequency are you picking them up on? I can't seem to pick them up from over here to the west. I don't know if I have the right freqs. or not. I've put in everything that I can find from the FCC Database but still nothing. Not even if I am sitting at the Outlets.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
It's not the range that's my problem with listening. The system is not very busy at all and that makes determining the LCN hard.

I have not listened to anything for Grove City area, but I will throw them in my scanner and see what I get.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Judging from the activity on the system, I'm not really counting on much, but another set of ears can always help.

I do have some good news for you:
Grove City PD 460.2375 DPL 114
Grove City College PD 463.9 DPL 245 (Quite chatty too)

I'll listen for another day or two, see what I get, then I'll submit these to the DB.

Grove City DPW is 453.2625 DPL 152

Good catch, that not listed in the Database either. I submitted about 6 things yesterday. Looks like you are going to have a few too! You just never know where a thread will and up on here do ya? See if you can come up with Superior EMS. The listing is 452.97500 (WPMP863) without a tone. I have never caught any kind of transmission on this freq. and I live right between Sharon Regional and UPMC Farrell. I would think that they would be using it to talk to someone somewhere.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I have a few I have submitted that I am waiting to be finished, both in Butler County and Mercer County. I had already ID'd Superior EMS and submitted them, but I had something different. I had them on:
451.85 PL 82.5. They were coming in really loud and clear here, so you might get them by you. Any luck picking up Grove City from where you are?

I was getting bits and pieces of Grove City PD late last night. Nothing during the day at all. I am only listening on a 396XT without an outdoor antenna hooked to it. I am going to have to disconnect something from my outside antenna and see if I can pick it up sometime later this week.
On my way down and back to Ambridge today I did not pick up anything from the unknown frequency. Maybe I'll have better luck next time or just maybe they don't use the system enough to use or even need the extra frequency.

Last edited:

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I am getting a few different TG during the day while I have been running search and store. I don't think that the system is super busy, which is probably why it is hard to determine. I'm only up to about 7 different talk groups. Maintenance was busy the other day with plowing, but no one else was, so that didn't help get the last LCN channel. I'll keep listening and I am hoping that it will pop up one day soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.