SLOStringer Killed in Morning Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks around San Luis Obispo County are likely familiar with SLOStringer, a local photojournalist with a heavy online media presence for breaking law/fire incidents. I'm sad to report he was killed this morning in a single vehicle crash on the way to a two alarm house fire.

He was active on RadioReference under the username KJ6HCB, his former amateur callsign (he had changed it to WA6SLO).

His reporting on local incidents was the best there was, especially during wildfires, where he kept evacuated residents up to date via Facebook and Twitter, even gathering addresses of his fans to check on houses and feed pets which were left behind during the evacuations.

Rest in Peace, Matthew. Your reporting will be missed.

SLOStringer Matthew Frank killed in Hwy. 101 Cuesta Grade crash | The Tribune

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Folks around San Luis Obispo County are likely familiar with SLOStringer, a local photojournalist with a heavy online media presence for breaking law/fire incidents. I'm sad to report he was killed this morning in a single vehicle crash on the way to a two alarm house fire.

He was active on RadioReference under the username KJ6HCB, his former amateur callsign (he had changed it to WA6SLO).

His reporting on local incidents was the best there was, especially during wildfires, where he kept evacuated residents up to date via Facebook and Twitter, even gathering addresses of his fans to check on houses and feed pets which were left behind during the evacuations.

Rest in Peace, Matthew. Your reporting will be missed.

SLOStringer Matthew Frank killed in Hwy. 101 Cuesta Grade crash | The Tribune

This is very sad, he was an excellent journalist. A true star among the dim reporting elsewhere.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
I just learned of this via FB and have to say I'm not only saddened, but a little bit in shock.
He was such a terrific guy, what a tragedy. The entire community will miss him dearly. :(

My deepest condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.