• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

SLOT Opration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham2020

Is it possible to run two groups without overlapping of course each group on a separate slot without repeter

Or is it necessary to repetter in order to operate the two groups on the slot properly

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
The repeater provides the timing/synchronization for each slot. I know Motorola has software that allows one radio in a group of radios to provide the slot timing/synchronization, however all radios in the group must be able to hear that radio.
bb

dazey77

Hytera can still have two simultaneous calls on one frequency in simplex but not in the same way. They had to get rid of the TDMA mode which creates two logical channels on one frequency. They still have pseudo trunk which can put handle two simplex calls/freq but on one logical channel. You could still have your two groups operate on one frequency but one group can interfere with another if they use up both slots.

Personally I find the pseudo trunk more useful than TDMA mode but they both have pros and cons

I could not get pseudo trunking working in simplex mode.
I have clients using BD302s so they don't even have pseudo trunk as an option.

dazey77

Never had any issues getting it working, just need radios that have the relevant licence! If you have a Hytera radio that doesn't support it they lock onto the first slot that is open even if its not relevant. You can mix and match with limitations (all hyteras that I have tried only transmit on one slot in simplex)

ergbert

I've got a PD362 using TDMA mode, playing nicely with a handful of Moto radios using DCDM. The only thing that doesn't work for some reason is private calls from Moto to Hytera. The inverse works just fine.

dazey77

I have a moto working with Hytera and doing private calls (not using TDMA). Generally private calls failing come when there is a difference between ‘private call confirmed’ status.
Note that current PD362s do not support TDMA (only pre-i firmware supports it)
On the Moto I use ‘private call confirmed’ and ’data call confirmed’ and ‘DMR standard’ for data.

I think I have had private calls working unconfirmed as well but I can’t be sure.

Text messaging also works between brands but only on a firmware 2 PD365 (or in my case a PD375). The gen 1 PD365 can only do Hytera data so won’t work with moto. The Hytera / standard data switch is only in version 2 firmware which means a PD375 or a gen 2 PD365, which you will be very lucky to find with pre-i firmware. New ones have i firmware now.

dazey77

(Your description sounds like the moto is trying to do confirmed calls and Hytera are doing unconfirmed hence working one direction and not the other)

Does the data bearer service under conventional / digital common / basic have anything to do with private call confirmation?
The default is Hytera, not DMR standard.

dazey77

Don't think that the data bearer service has anything to do with private call confirmation. Was just dumping all my hytera/moto interop experience in one spot and also adding just in case since I know that DMR standard is a deviation from norms and its been a while since I first set them up and experimented.

Status
Not open for further replies.