Sluggish Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2sqq

In another area a few 536 users have been discussing a problem that occurs after the radio has been on for >16 hours. The keypad becomes very sluggish. For example, if I press the AVOID key it takes ~1sec to respond. Rebooting the radio seems to clear this situation. One user reported that replacing the 4GB card with a larger card fixed the problem. Is there any temporary data being buffered to the card? BTW, No audio recording at all going on. My 536 runs 24x7

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
#1, this is a duplicate post.

#2, Audio recording is ALWAYS on, related to the Replay feature. Replay just deletes the files after X seconds recording leaves them on the card until it is full or the files are manually removed by the user. If your card is having issues (read the card problem report thread for more info) it can slow down your scanner. Using a larger/faster card will reduce or eliminate the problem.

wa2sqq

Appreciate your explanation

#1: While this problem was being discussed in another thread, at some point when you see others having the same problem it only makes sense that you move the discussion here. It was not as if i posted the same text elsewhere. I do not recall anyone from Uniden addressing this in the other location.

#2 I was not aware that audio recording was "always on".. In that case your explanation makes sense. This also raises another question - how and where the files reside on the card and how do you delete them (from the radio)? All 536's will not be installed tethered to a PC.

:Why doesn't the radio give you a warning that the card is filling up?
:Why isn't there any mention of this in the manual?
:It may also be indirectly responsible for so many of the 4GB SD cards failing (as I sit on hold, for the past 45 minutes, waiting to request a replacement SD card)!

Last edited:

wa2sqq

Not so, according to Uniden

For what it's worth, I'm on the phone now with Uniden support.
He says that recording is not continuous and the REC feature is set to OFF each time you power cycle the radio. Page 55 seems to support that.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Replay function is always on whenever Record is off, and stores recordings temporarily on the card. Look in the folder that is a sibling to USER_REC...

Status
Not open for further replies.