SMA 2 BNC adapter for BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if anyone else had the problem with adapter bottom screws in and tops is the BNC. When I ordered my scanner months ago didn't come with the adapter so I called them got one now the past 2 weeks it fell apart wonder if anyone had the same problem? I rather have the old adapter better built than this flimsy one.

The past Friday I was on hold than it came up stating they were in the meeting til 3pm I call around 330pm and stating they were closed WTH? I called yesterday stating closed.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
SMA to BNC

I have used these with my amateur radios for several years and never had a failure. If you can get a refund, there are many choices on eBay and at hamfests. The main thing to watch is the strain put on the radio/connector when you attach a longer and heavier antenna or when connecting to coax.

hydrolocked

First, sma to bnc/n/pl259/tnc adaptors are not really meant for heavy duty use. There ARE some adaptors out there with a rubber piece around the sma piece to help beef them up.... But the sma is usually the weak link.

If you're using this to connectt he radio to an external antenna, i wo uld ifnd an SMA to (appropriate connector) cable, rather than an adaptor.

If you're using this to connect to a different "rubber duck" style antenna, your better miney might be slent on a different antenna, rather than buying more adaptors, unless you can find some of those reinforced adaptors i mentioned.

Not sure what the "on hold /closed" comment is all about....

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I am on the phone with them they send me the wrong sma/bnc part. I use it for the 800 mhz antenna not heavy use just sits in one spot.

digitalmediasvcs

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried HRO?

Bought my scanner from Ham Radio Outlet (www.hamradiooutlet.com) and found a bunch of very knowledgeable people. Use care if you call the Burbank, CA store, they can be a little... touchy. But they know their stuff, and sold me my adapter for my BCD-396XT, and when I found I already had one in the box, they allowed me to return it cheerfully.

BTW, never had a problem with the in-box unit. I notice you seem to be trying to call during the holidays. Tough time of year to get anyone on the phone, regardless of the industry, even mine. I flat-out refused to answer the phone Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Companies have employees who need time off, too! Not really defending them, just sayin'.

Good luck!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden does not sell that specific adapter (they put a lot more stress on the connector in the scanner and are not as reliable). The one we sell looks like the below (unfortunately, we are currently out of inventory on the part).

bnc.jpg

Our part number is BYYG1542001.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You can buy a close equivalent to the correct Uniden part on Ebay. The difference between the ones on Ebay and the Uniden part is that the Uniden part has a small "shoulder" on the bottom that fits into the ring on the top of the scanner and provides more support for the antenna connector. You can fill the void created by the after market adapters with a small steel or even nylon washer.

The ones on Ebay are actually sold for the Yaesu VX series radios, but will work fine for the Uniden scanners. The ones that Scanner Master has are not suitable and as UPMan says will cause more stress on the connector.

This item comes with the washer and should do the trick for you.

OCO

The knurling looks different to the Uniden one, but I've been told this seats against the case also, providing that shoulder support like the one pictured..

garys

Premium Subscriber
The knurling looks different to the Uniden one, but I've been told this seats against the case also, providing that shoulder support like the one pictured..

I have one, it does not. None of them do, which is why some of them include the washer.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Uniden does not sell that specific adapter (they put a lot more stress on the connector in the scanner and are not as reliable). The one we sell looks like the below (unfortunately, we are currently out of inventory on the part).

bnc.jpg

Our part number is BYYG1542001.

Thanks for the P/N I found a site its in CT. I also try to load Ham Radio Outlet site won't load seems taking for ever to load they might be doing updates to the site.

bear780ks

That is the Adapter i need for my HP-1 How much do they Cost and were can you Get them.! Any reply ASAP will be Appreciated thanks b780

lep

IMHOP the one that is te best is by Diamond, is much lower profile, is black anodized, and screws down closely. It puts LESS strain than the brightly plated taller one that Uniden imports. Any amateur radio dealer should have them or you can find them on the RF Parts site. Retail is about $10 each.

bear780ks

Thanks For the Info.! i looked on the Web Googled the Part and found it) There is a Local Radio Shack in my Area that is also a Ham Shop that should have the Part or something Close to it or i Hope they Would as i have to Travel a Bit to get it... But thanks again for the Info 73's b780

W9NES

Thanks UPMman for your post.Part Number BYGG1542001 is what I use on my Uniden 396T and the Uniden 396XT.I have not had any problems with the Uniden part.that you have posted.with a picture of the sma to bnc adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.