SMA adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTTER

I just bought a Phonetone yagi will my standard coax I have laying around the house connect to the sma adapter I bought with it?

SCOTTER

My yagi shipped and I have to send back the adapters. Can anyone tell me the way to hook up the antenna to my 436? I have a 25 ft standard coax cable im using and I think I need a female bnc connector with a rf female coax connector for the top of the scanner but im not sure what adapter to use to connect to the N female wire coming from the antenna that has a rf coax connector. Can anyone help me out or tell me a better way to do it ? thanks

SCOTTER

I am using the same basic coax cable that you would screw into the back of a tv.The antenna has a N female connector that needs a adapter so I can screw the basic coax cable in to it. The 436 has a bnc connector on it that needs a adapter so I can screw the basic coax cable to it So my goal is to connect the basic coax cable to the scanner on one end and connect the other end to the antenna. I didnt think it would be so hard.

mule1075

Feed Provider
I am using the same basic coax cable that you would screw into the back of a tv.The antenna has a N female connector that needs a adapter so I can screw the basic coax cable in to it. The 436 has a bnc connector on it that needs a adapter so I can screw the basic coax cable to it So my goal is to connect the basic coax cable to the scanner on one end and connect the other end to the antenna. I didnt think it would be so hard.
So you need a F female to N male connector for the antenna and a F Female to BNC male. Link below you can find them much cheaper.

N Male to F Female Adapter | eBay

5 x F type Female to BNC Male Coaxial Plug Jack Connector Adapter CCTV RG6 RG59 | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.