SDS100/SDS200: SMA Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the size of the SMA connector where it screws into the new water resistant base? I'm trying to find a SMA Male to SMA Female adapter that will fit into the SDS100 so I can keep using my Jetstream JT776SMA antenna.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Check out an adapter made by Diamond. Available from DX Engineering. Their part number DMN-SMAJ-SMAJ.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, but that's a female/female adapter. I'm looking for a male/female adapter that will work with the SDS100. Right now I'm using the adapter that came with the scanner, and a BNC to SMA adapter to the antenna. So that's 2 adapters between the scanner and the antenna. It works, but I think it would be better with just one adapter.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
I guess judging by the views there's not an adapter available like I'm looking for. I realize Undien had the best intentions developing the water resistant base. But they didn't account for the fact that none of the SMA antennas people were using would fit, forcing them to buy a new antenna, or start coming up with ways to work around that, or even worse, they didn't care. This is what I'm trying to do so I can continue to use the Jetstream JT776SMA antenna, which I've been using on the 436HP for years.

papadoc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link YoShep69. Do you know if they'll work with the SDS100? If not, at $5.49 for 1, it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.