SMA swivel antenna for base scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonN

Hi, all!

Does anyone here know of a good SMA scanner antenna that can swivel? I have this receiver: RigPix Database - Bearcat/Uniden - UBC-860XLT and I'd like a better antenna for it.

I've done some research already and came across a post from a few years back about a Diamond telescopic antenna: Decent antenna for a scanner? Is the Diamond SRH789 still a good choice for someone new to VHF/UHF listening?

I'm also wondering how good is the stock antenna on the UBC860XLT? I've heard the rubber ducks are bad, but how about a stock telescopic antenna? It's not too long, but is it any good?

As for the SRH789, it says it only goes down to 85Mhz, but I'm also interested in listening to stuff that's on 70 Mhz, would this antenna still able to do it?

If I do decide to get this, what online store would you recommend I go to? Preferably I'd like to purchase from within the EU. Are there any good stores that sell communications equipment inside the EU? I've not been able to find any EU stores just by searching the web, so I want to hear other people's suggestions.

JonN

I must have completely misread the page that I linked myself, somewhere in my head I thought it was an SMA connector. Wow, you guys might have just saved me a lot of headache with this information (bying an antenna with the wrong connector...)!

I'm still looking for an appropriate store within the EU, if anyone knows of any good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.