• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Small baggie containing cocaine found in deputies shirt pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

red8

Yesterday evening I was watching the local news in Baton Rouge there was this story that caught my eye. In West Baton Rouge Parish
a local dry cleaner in Port Allen notified the Parish Sheriff in regards to finding a small plastic baggie containing a white powdery substance.(suspected cocaine) in the uniform shirt pocket of one of his deputies. The owner said that this is not the first time this has happened that other patrons have had items fall out of pockets and
have wound up in some body elses clothes. Never the less the
Sheriff has put the deputy in question on paid administrative leave
pending the outcome of an internal and narcotics investigation

mciupa

DB Administrator
I bet the deputy "forgot" to turn in some evidence. :roll:

Woodstock

So is he sticking with the "it fell out of someone else's pocket and into mine" story?

rcvmo

That's not unusual.
Many times when I strip our old patrol cars down, I'll find evidence under the plastic back seat. It's when I stick my hands down between the drivers seat and the console and come up with a handful of gooey taco sauce that I get annoyed. But it's a job not too many of us do. I found a stolen LEO badge from another adjacent dept. under the backseat one time. Took us a while to figure which crime it was from, but we eventually were able to charge the suspect, even though he was on probabtion.

Psychologically speaking, My guess is that yes, the LEO may have found the contriband on the suspect, stuffed it in his pocket maybe during a struggle, and probably forgot about it.
Or the LEO may have put it there to preserve the evidence during weather conditions. (i.e. wind BLOWS, rain dissintegrates powdery substances)
Sure, there are many ways one can context this.
rcvmo

Scram

Like stated above, the dry cleaner may have had a bad run-in with the officer, that's what I am putting my money on.

There's too many possibilities, they will probably just brush this away and say the investigation came up with nothing and just put a note down so if it happens again.

I would just not go to that dry cleaner anymore.. k?

Status
Not open for further replies.