Small but effective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trace1

Well it's not much but this is my HOME Station:

Portable Radios in front - (Left to right) Motorola XTS 5000 (County issued, used with Calhoun County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service in support of Calhoun Co. EMA), ICOM IC-V82, Uniden BCD396T.

BIG Radio in back on left- US Army Signal Corps Radio Receiver BC-312-N (WWII era), Scanners sitting on top of this radio (Left to right) Bearcat III Electra, Bearcat IV Electra.

Very top next to lamp on left - First Alert NOAA Weather Radio.

Radios to right of BIG radio - Top Row (Left to right) Uniden Bearcat BC2500XLT, ICOM ID-800H, Kenwood TM-741A.

Middle Row - (Left to right) Uniden Bearcat BC350A, ICOM IC-2200H.

Bottom Row - Uniden Pro 510XL.

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,508

trace1

@ RadioDaze, Thanks I'm kinda mixed up and kinda 'old' so this fits me quite properly. ;)

@ KB5ILY, I love 'old stuff', I practically grew up in a radio station as my Dad was a DJ in the 60's & 70's. That may be where I got "bit by the bug"!

@ Rt169Radio, Yes the WWII radio still works and is a lot fun. A while back as I was tuning the dial I heard some Chinese Hip-Hop music... And on an interesting side note, the "Gold Pocketwatch" clock on the wall belonged to my Grandparents and is almost as old as the old radio and it still ticks right along too!

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
He calls this a "small" station! I'd hate to see his description of "large"!

Mike

trace1

@ WatnNY, compared to some of the other pictures/post of shacks here, mine is pretty simple & small. ;)

trace1

@ N8IAA & izzyj4, thanks so much for the kind words. I know I have a lot of fun hear for hours at a time. I also use a DV Dongle on my laptop (not pictured) for D-STAR and of course all 3 ICOM radios are D-STAR equipped too. When our area is under severe weather events I use my GRLevel3 radar program to watch and track the storms. Back on April 27th when our area was affected by tornadoes the Calhoun County ARES/RACES Group did an outstanding job. As a matter of fact a local commmunity newspaper published an article I wrote about what our group did. Click the following link and scroll down to Page 7 for the article titled "Local Amateur Radio Operators Respond to April Tornadoes"

http://www.calhouncommunitypress.com/july 2011.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.