Small receiver/amp for bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hi guys.. I'm looking for some suggestions. I'm going to be renovating my soon to be teen daughters bedroom and I'm going to be putting a couple of ceiling speakers in her room. What I'm looking for is recommendations for a relatively small (physically) as well as reasonably cheap receiver or amp to drive these speakers. Doesn't need to be anything even remotely fancy, but ideally I'd like it to have at least two or three inputs for source selection (mp3 player/tv/pc etc). Been looking at the big box websites like Future Shop and Best Buy but they have very few 2 channel receivers anymore... everything is 5.1 or 7.1 which is overkill for this project. I was looking at the Pyle Pro PTA2 (http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PTA2-2x4...DI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1321375067&sr=8-10) but I'm somewhat hesitant as some of the Pyle products have horrible reviews on various sites (poor quality control, units DOA etc).

Anyone know of a similar product that I could take a look at? Thanks!

modrachlan

hey, i know this is two years late, but i just wanted to chime in... it is really hard to find a new smaller multiple input amp. It's one of the things I find really frustrating about the market today, it's tipped heavily toward computer-only support. Consequently, I've achieved my small amp needs with the used market. I bought the receiver part of an Onkyo shelf system. It has multiple inputs, tone control, a tuner and sounds great with my Minimus 7s. One great amp from the vintage past is the Advent Response receiver. Once again it was intended to be part of a shelf system. Bonus for that one is it has a phono stage so I use a turntable with it.

There is one fairly modern line of small nice amps made by Teac- but man, they are pricy.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
Check with retail folks that deal in amps for churches, Bands, schools, etc.
Maybe even some surplus from these. I found a great mixer with a small amp where I could mix multiple sources and record or mix and provide a single-output to speakers or headphone.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.