Status
Not open for further replies.

dwh367

I just put a part-time stream on line. I am using my computer as both the source and the server so that's why I can't dedicate it full time. I plan to have it up as much as possible though.

I am using a Radio Shack Pro-2096 with an 800MHz magnet mount cell phone antenna on an awning 8 1/2 feet above the ground.

I have it scanning Perry County (IN), Spencer County (IN), Hancock County (KY), the Indiana Statewide 800MHz trunked analog/digital repeater system and the Kentucky State Police Post 16 P25 non trunked repeater system. The stream may be quiet at times though due to this area being rural in nature.

Besides public safety, I also have some local utility, highway and school corporation frequencies in the mix. Some banks/channels may be turned off at times if there is an incident of interest happening. Afterward, I will return everything to back to normal.

The best way to access it is to go to Free Internet Radio - SHOUTcast Radio and search for "Tell City". If it is online, it will show up in the search results.

Please feel free to offer any feedback (even if it's negative) that you may have.

Last edited by a moderator:

sudsyjkh

Thanks for the feed, it sounds quite good. I first noticed it up back last week whe they were looking for those escaped inmates.
Anyhow, just wondering if you could help out with callsigns?
THe digital comms I'm assuming are either ksp, isp, or other Indiana state agencies like dnr and such.
I've heard units calling "Henderson" I assume that's the ksp post?
And "Jasper", I assume is isp?
Thanks in dvance.

If you decide that you would like to use an offsite server for your feed you may want to take a look at shoutcaststreaming.us. They have plans starting at $2 a month for 10 slots with no contracts. We have used them for a little more than a year now and have been very pleased with their service.

dwh367

Thanks for the feed, it sounds quite good. I first noticed it up back last week when they were looking for those escaped inmates.

Glad you enjoyed it. I would have liked to included the Branchville Correctional Facility trunked radio system in my feed but they are too far out in the county for me to receive their control channel.

Anyhow, just wondering if you could help out with callsigns?
As far as the individual counties, the call signs are so numerous that it would be hard to give you a complete list. However, you can look them up here License Search

The digital comms I'm assuming are either ksp, isp, or other Indiana state agencies like dnr and such.
That's correct!

I've heard units calling "Henderson" I assume that's the ksp post?
And "Jasper", I assume is isp?
You are also correct on both of those too!

Thanks in advance.
I'm happy I could be of assistance and if there are any other questions you have, please feel free to ask.

dwh367

If you decide that you would like to use an offsite server for your feed you may want to take a look at shoutcaststreaming.us. They have plans starting at $2 a month for 10 slots with no contracts. We have used them for a little more than a year now and have been very pleased with their service.

Thanks for passing that on to me. That would be perfect for my needs since I am only streaming at 20Kb/s so that dialup users can also listen. I also don't foresee needing any more than 10 slots.

I'll be sure to look into that once I get around to acquiring another computer and getting set up for wi-fi so that I can go full time with it. Right now my audio cable is running from one side of the room to the other.

However, I have only been down a couple of hours since my first post and that was this morning while I was performing monthly maintenance. Luckily, my weekly maintenance routine doesn't normally require rebooting.

flaham67

Tell City

I've tried three times to get Tell City Scanner Radio to no avail. The Shoutcast radio website sends me back to the music station listings. Can you give me any hints on logging onto Tell City? Thanks for the help.

flaham67

Sifter

you might want to check out scanamerica.us. doing a bang up job with hosting feeds.

dwh367

I've tried three times to get Tell City Scanner Radio to no avail. The Shoutcast radio website sends me back to the music station listings. Can you give me any hints on logging onto Tell City? Thanks for the help.

flaham67

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I just tried it and it worked okay. I also had my girlfriend, who lives over in Kentucky, try it as well and it worked okay for her too.

If you are trying to access the stream using Windows Media Player, you will have to have this plugin installed to decode it. Click this: ORBAN Then click on "get it here", in the top right hand column, when their site loads.

Another thing I can think of is you might have some sort of popup blocker turned on. That might keep you from getting the window that asks what program you want to connect to the stream with.

Last edited:

dwh367

you might want to check out scanamerica.us. doing a bang up job with hosting feeds.

Thanks for that info as well. I looked at that but from what I read, I think he is wanting full time scanner feeds only. Although I am able to leave mine up most of the time, there will be other times I will have to take it down temporarily. For example, I performed my monthly maintenance routine today which requires several reboots.

I am also out of town two days a week, on my days off from work, while I spend some quality time with my girlfriend who lives in Kentucky. If the forecast calls for strong to severe storms, I will have to take the feed offline and turn everything off, while I'm gone, to help protect my equipment.

flaham67

Thanks to all of you for your help. I finally got Tell City through ScanAmerica.us and the help of an atlas to locate Tell City's county. I tried Shoutcast with my pop-up blocker turned off and I then entered "Tell City" in the search block but nothing came up except the music channels. However, I will be referring back to the Shoutcast radio website to access a few of the music channels so some good came out of this experience.
flaham67

dwh367

Thanks to all of you for your help. I finally got Tell City through ScanAmerica.us and the help of an atlas to locate Tell City's county. I tried Shoutcast with my pop-up blocker turned off and I then entered "Tell City" in the search block but nothing came up except the music channels. However, I will be referring back to the Shoutcast radio website to access a few of the music channels so some good came out of this experience.
flaham67

That's not my feed but I guess it will work. LOL. I think they are only scanning Perry County (analog only) where I am also scanning the surrounding counties along with their associated digital counterparts.

A person has to have the most up to date Winamp to play the AAC format I use to stream. The older versions don't support it. May be the same way with Windows Media Player and the Orban plugin.

I went to shoutcast and searched for "Tell City" and it showed as the first result under "Tell City Radio Stations" so I wonder what was up with that. Thanks for letting me know you are still having trouble though.

NYRHKY94

Dwh367:

FYI - Scan America does "not" require a 24x7 committment. I have 5 feeds on there and have full control to bring them down or take them off-line as much as I want. It's completely voluntary and Gordon is super to work with. The best thing I ever did was let him host my feeds. He provides all of the software & hardware for free, and he even records the audio for you as part of the service.

Something to consider. Thanks.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.