Small Trivia(l) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RISC777

Which sheriff dep't. has the new Dodge Charger SRT black and white unit? Seen headed southbound Hwy 93 this past weekend (Sunday afternoon).

`Doug

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
There's also this factory test unit:

Attachments

• DSCF1132 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF1132 (Medium).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 406

Troop

Ours will be out late August, early Sept, each troop is getting one, along with command staff.

cstockmyer

Why are they all going back to Black and white? Don't get me wrong it looks good, just wondering why the change.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
cstockmyer said:
Why are they all going back to Black and white? Don't get me wrong it looks good, just wondering why the change.
Tradition.
Sort of like red fire trucks (which I wish my department had).

evilklown

Nice i belive commerce city has 2 as well i think 1 all black one, and then one that is black and white. i seen it a few times.

Troop

here's probably one of the first ones out of the garage into the field

Attachments

• csp527.jpg
    csp527.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 280

cstockmyer

So I guess the Dodge is the new crown vic? witch was the new Scud? Do I have that right?

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Thanks for the pic, Troop. That is one very sharp looking car.
I'm surprised to see a roof mounted lightbar. Around these parts (2B, 2D) it seems that all of the newer cars have rear deck and windshield LED bars, nothing on the roof. It looked like the trend was to get away from roof mounted lights, but I guess not.

M

mpg0515

firescannerbob said:
Thanks for the pic, Troop. That is one very sharp looking car.
I'm surprised to see a roof mounted lightbar. Around these parts (2B, 2D) it seems that all of the newer cars have rear deck and windshield LED bars, nothing on the roof. It looked like the trend was to get away from roof mounted lights, but I guess not.

I see that they are still installing VHF radios in the cars....... I wonder why? Could it be that DTRS still is not what it should be? Yes, I am being sarcastic...

Status
Not open for further replies.