Freescan: Small Updates to FreeSCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone!

I was getting a little frustrated with programming some conventional DMR channels in FreeSCAN. I made a couple small updates to the program on my Github to allow for that, and updated some of the graphics and information. I'm by no means a true software engineer, but I do some coding in my free time and the changes were easy enough to make.

I've created a 2.19 release version here.

I may continue work on the program to fix some other issues like Google Earth integration, etc. By no means to I plan to take on developing and maintaining the program as a full time gig, but as I find issues while I use it I'll try and make small fixes here and there. Feel free to submit any issues over on the Github page, and if the fixes are within the realm of my skillset I'll see about getting them worked on.

Thanks!

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
We already have quite a collection of bugs and issues with FreeScan cataloged here...

Good luck with the updates....Mike

Oh boy.

I don't know if I want to dive into the RR import functions too deeply. I'd have to spend a day or so figuring out how they all work before I could even start to fix some of those problems. Not to mention FreeSCAN is programmed in Visual Basic which is probably my least favorite language to code in.

For now I'll stick to small quality of life improvements, and I'll be fixing stuff that I come across while using the program.

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Well it turns out I've somehow broken RR import entirely. Which is strange, because I didn't make any changes to it.

I'll have to dig into that further. Pulling the release for now.

EDIT: Turns out the repository I cloned didn't have an RR API key included (which makes sense) so I requested one. It'll probably take a little while for that to process, but hopefully it will come through quickly.

Sorry for getting everyone excited prematurely! My bad!

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well it turns out I've somehow broken RR import entirely. Which is strange, because I didn't make any changes to it.

I'll have to dig into that further. Pulling the release for now.
I think it broke because the original programmer removed the appKey.

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
I've changed up the release a bit. For those wanting to test out (and break) my new version, it's currently available here:

Note that for the reasons stated above RR import currently does not function.

In the meantime, my API key application is in the works.

merlin

Well, I have ver 2.18-beta 6 and seem to work just fine. Only maybe bug I see is the log file won't delete selected lines.
I see this one was written by Assaf Shool.

Status
Not open for further replies.