Smashed Scanner :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Not happy :( This was dropped on to a hard cement floor tonight and bounced off the metal bar near the door way. Screen is totally smashed, front of the case is damaged, speaker has been pushed in and the keypad has a number of broken keys :mad:

007.jpg

n5ims

A little duct tape should fix that right up!

Sorry for the slip and hope you can get it fixed right up without too much trouble (or replace it easily if that's your choice).

SCPD

QRT
A little duct tape should fix that right up!

Sorry for the slip and hope you can get it fixed right up without too much trouble (or replace it easily if that's your choice).

After some more checking last night it seems to have some serious damage, both the external cover and the internal LCD screen are damaged and it has a rattle so I am guessing some internal damage :( Once I get home I will see pull it apart and see how bad it is. I doubt I will replace it at the moment.

SCPD

QRT
Yes it was about a 1m drop to the metal frame around the door and then on to the cement floor :(

It is a GME RX1300

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I hate to ask, but did it bounce clockwise or counterclockwise? :)

Sorry, had to ask! I've done that, too, not a nice feeling when you hear the "crack".

KM4WLV

When you mix a fall, metal & concrete the outcome is not usually a good thing.

Maybe a couple of us can get together and figure out how to make radio components out of rubber....... Hmmmmmmmmm

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OK I third the ... OUCH! Yeah.. salvagable.. Antenna, maybe a couple of other small parts for electronics parts on e-bay? Oh and the pot for replacement on e-bay...

Anyone invented the "flubber" coating for scanner yet?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Don't buy scanners,but commercial mil-spec radios instead. Sorry,but that would be my solution.:roll:
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.