• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

SMC Mount #2 Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian1

Premium Subscriber
I had to actually bolt to the floor pan. The sheet metal is so thin on a car, the mount is unstable without the extra arm support. I plan to add one more. I am also considering the use of a piece of sheet metal to go under the car for added stabiltiy.

I plan to mount a GE amplified speaker I have. It would not work at first so I may have a broken wire inside. Got to put a meter and see if the problem is on the amplifier board or the at the speaker terminals.

I wired from the 15-amp fuse into a "choke" / coil from Radio Shack. That prevents that high pitch whine that can come from the alternator.

I appreciate any ideas for increasing stability.

Again.....I can't say enough good things about SMC. They have sturdy, heavy duty hardware for post mounting of radios and computers for good mobile installs.

Thanks for looking,
Julian

Attachments

Last edited:

OpSec

Code 21, Status 7
Database Admin
Run a support from the vertical mounting pole down and forward to the right side of the exhaust pipe tunnel. Use a sheet metal screw to secure it. If you take a picture looking into the car from an open right front door, I can edit the pic to show you want I mean.

I see the support against the column is not screwed into the plastic, which I do not blame you for. You could use a piece of nice 3M double-sided tape to secure that point.

Julian1

Premium Subscriber
Fusion Mount - Mounting pole support

stateboy said:
Run a support from the vertical mounting pole down and forward to the right side of the exhaust pipe tunnel. Use a sheet metal screw to secure it. If you take a picture looking into the car from an open right front door, I can edit the pic to show you want I mean.

I see the support against the column is not screwed into the plastic, which I do not blame you for. You could use a piece of nice 3M double-sided tape to secure that point.

Thanks, Stateboy. I appreciate your suggestion on mounting pole.

I am using 3M double-sided tape on the console anchor.

Once I get the rest of my SMC hardware, I'll have a taller mount with some extra accessories. Those extra accessories may give an opportunity to branch off w/ an extra support leg as you mentioned.

Thanks again and take care,
Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.