Smithers B.C. Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Not being familiar with the region because I've never been west before. Which area of the database would I go to listen to this region.

I've got a BC246T.

Friends are trying to convince me to take a holiday this summer out there....so guess preparations are starting now if I do decide to ramble.

If anyone has any files they could provide for the BC246T Arc format that would be great.

BC_Scan

Ok to get you started you will need this
www.town.smithers.bc.ca/
http://www.scanbc.com/files/SCANBC-20071205-BC246T-ARC.zip
that would be the closest file you might need, bare in mind that this is a small community of 5k people , not much to scan up there, while it is beautiful the Bulkely Valley, everything will/should be conventional & analog,it has been a while since I was up there last w/scanner.
You can hear RCMP, EHS (ambulance) local Fire, Forestry, logging, mining etc, heck the local drive in even has a couple of simplex freq's . I think you may be better off coming to Vancouver/Victoria after for a real visit to the true Spirit of the West.
Also to consider depending where you fly in from, Smithers is roughly 4.5 hours drive from Prince George, PG is 10 hrs drive from Vancouver, 4 hrs from Prince rupert on the Coast.
I can give you specific info on other freq's up there , but not in a file.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I will look into the file shortly. Can't see myself venturing off too far from here, however, there may be a trip to Alaska as well....ya ya ya I know, there's probably not too much to see out that way, but I've never been West of North Bay Ont. before so anything I see will be new.

Any other input and directions to the links in the database that I would need, would be appreciated as well.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If files end with a .zip extension, they are compressed - you will need a utility such as WinZip to uncompress them. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.