Smoky Mtn National Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel415

Premium Subscriber
Thanks N4yek ,now when they say they picked up the 911 call on a tower i can look on the map and see where the search and rescue will be. These rangers got their act together when it comes to finding the lost on the mountain. I also have a large map of the mountains that a ranger gave me so I can track them as they go Thanks again

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Danny,
Nice work with the map. Does the wiki have a GSMNP entry? if so this link would be a nice addition.
Doc

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Nice work man!! If I lived closer I would help you. How did you determine the towers properly? It might help me on the Cherokee NF Wiki. Keep up the great work!!!

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
I also updated the Database to help you, it looked like it hadnt been updated in a long time. Let me know if you have anything else to add.

iamhere300

Years ago, back in the 80's, TEMA at their Sidco Drive location had a mobile radio set up
on the second console. One of the channels was the "dome" repeater. Even with a long run of
coax to make it out to the tower, (mobile transmitter was in the console cabinet, the control head
was mounted on the console) you could still key up the repeater from Nashville. Amazing...

Understand of course, the antenna was on the tower at Sidco Drive...

DougSmith823

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Id like to work on a map for my Cherokee NF Wiki with all the towers listed. You have done a great job with your map!!

Status
Not open for further replies.